Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pink Slams Selena Gomez Over Pink Horses...what are your thoughts?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:42 AM
  • 10 Replies

Click here to find out more!

CONTROVERSY: Pink Slams Selena Gomez Over Pink HorsesCONTROVERSY: Pink Slams Selena Gomez Over Pink Horses

Posted on May 20, 2011 @ 07:01PM  

Startraks

By Leah Ornstein
Radar Style & Beauty Editor

Didn't Selena Gomez learn from Pink Taco's painted-pink mistake?

The Disney star, who frolicked around the set of her latest music video on a Malibu beach Thursday with pink horses, is being slammed by musical artist and animal activist Pink.

On Thursday, Pink learned that a musical artist was shooting a video on Leo Carrillo State Beach, where horses were being painted her signature shade.

PHOTOS: Terrible Teens: Too Sexy, Too Soon?

"If there are any animal activists around Malibu- at Leo Cabrillo State Beach, there are horses being painted for a stupid music video," Pink tweeted on Thursday. "Shame."

She followed it up with another message that same day.

"Artists should be more aware and responsible for their actions."

After photos were released on Friday of Gomez on the set of her music video, Pink returned to Twitter to continue her rant.

"oh lord, THAT'S whose video it was? Disney fans unite. here we go."

PHOTOS:  Terrible Teens -- Too Sexy Too Soon

Shortly after, she continued, "whether u r a fan of mine of whomEVER'S, i won┬╣t stop speaking out about animal cruelty.  I've taken responsibility in the past, so should she."

Gomez's rep denies that any animals were harmed in the process

"It was important to the Production Company, Record Label and Ms. Gomez that no animals were harmed and all proper precautions were taken," Gomez's rep said in a statement to People Magazine.

"A non toxic, vegetable based powder paint was applied via an airbrush and removed with water. An official from the Humane Society was on set supervising."

Whose side are you on?

Tell me your thoughts! 

Full article from:  Radaronline.com

by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
our3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Seriously, P!nk is just probubly hormonal and upset that she didnt think of it first. She needs to get over it. The dyes made for animals is completely harmless and washes off. I don't thing Selena Gomez did anytihng wrong.

Owl_Feather
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:58 AM
Im an animal activist. While its nice to read there was no harm done, i hate that animals are used for entertainment especially wild animals. The elephant needs to be in a sanctuary not spray painted pink on a californian beach
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owensmom34
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Yeah...this is a touchy subject but I would have to agree that I just wouldn't want animals colored even if it was a vegetable dye.

Lisapersaud
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Stupid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnunley
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Painting animals is not something new... People have been painting there pet cats for years using vegetable dye.  People have gotten creative with "decorating" their pets.  How is this any different than getting tattoos for yourself or coloring your own hair (in which we use chemicals on ourselves!)  Don't get me wrong, I am an animal lover, own 5 pets myself and I've been in the veterinary business for about 17 years now.  I'd rather use harmless vegetable dye to color my pet than crop a puppy's ears or tail dock because of breed standards... that's just plain mutilation...

SpiritFortress
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I think painting animals, safe or not, is stupid. 

owensmom34
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Now days with music videos though couldn't they of made the animals look pink with video color manipulation...instead of having to color the animals.  While I agree people color their hair (including myself)...I have a choice...animals don't.

DejaVooDoo
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Quoting SpiritFortress:

Word

615amy09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:11 PM
Native Americans painted their horses...I'm just saying. I'm sure none of their horses were harmed. Its paint...its not like they were piercing them. Ask the horses, I'm sure they didn't care. LoL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopemommy2
by Paula on May. 21, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Quoting SpiritFortress:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)