• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are crib bumpers safe?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:49 PM
  • 4 Replies

My 4 month old daughter is rolling around in her crib now.  I thought crib bumpers were supposed to be dangerous, but this morning she got her leg stuck between the crib slats.  Should I be using a bumper now or wait until she is older?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kimberly954
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Well, i used them but i wove the bumper between the bars so if she happened to roll into them, they wouldnt suffocate her. I wouldnt contine to use them after they are sitting up because they are a way to climb the crib. They also do sell a breathable bumper that the hospital recommended to me if I used any at all but they said next best was the weave it between the bars. Never put the bumper on flat.

C_Medlin
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:52 PM
My DS would get his feet stuck in the rails too so I got the breathable bumpers until he learned not to put his feet in the railing. They have a net like material so baby can still breath. Look them up. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
our3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I have never had crib bumpers stop the kids from putting their legs thru the slats. The bumpers are only so big and so the kids usually get their leg under or over it. I never used them for long, once the baby started rolling and moving I took them out. I think they are more for looks to complete the set.

jess227ny
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:58 PM
I loved my breathable bumper. They have them at BRU.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)