Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends after 30?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:53 PM
  • 12 Replies

What is it about making friends after your 30?

it seems to be harder then it use to be.. like friends are no longer needed and everyone is more of an aquantence. ( yes I spelled that wrong)

Anyway.. why is it harder to make friends? do you know?

and.. how any new friends have you made since turning 30 and how many of them have you kept from younger years?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goodgirl4913
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:02 PM

I have maybe 3 friends from my younger years.. most of my friends moved away.. I have made about 2 or 3 new friends since i was 30..

Kmakksmom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I don't have any friends now.  The ones I did have are old classmates and a couple ex co workers.  The only friends I have now live inside my computer.

Dannille33
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I have 1 friend from age 14. We lost touch a few times but it's like we haven't when we talk.

I've not made any since turning 30.. I just have people that I talk to.. no one to spend time with but my kids and dh.

It use to bother me alot. Now.. it's not much of a problem.

mom5160
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:32 PM

I only have 2 really close friends and they are from my younger years.  All my other friends are online friends.

Zetlandia
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:51 PM

I think once most of us are 30 we're settled in life and no longer looking for "good time buddies" or "party friends".
So obviously wqe all need to get out to clubs, bars and get drunk enough to not want to consider if the "friends" we're potentially meeting are people we actually want knowing where our mortgage or paid for home is...opposed to the pissy appartment we hire for 6 months because we're just starting out in life.

Either that or the social gene has run it's course by 26 and there's just muscle memory making you do things like talk to people and meet with them which dwindles out by the time you're 30, and if at that point you haven't surrounded yourself with aquaintences(however the hell it's spelt) then you're high and dry on the dessert island of loneliness, so pray God you at least have a significant other to bitch to about how anti-social everyone seems.
And Lord help you, if like me, your S/O is a social recluse who's done next to nothing but work in his/her life.
And Lord help you, if like me, you just moved to the USA.
Because I promise you it's not like this in europe.

Enfinity
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:05 PM

i have friends from my younger years and haven t made any friends since i turned 30. n my friends from my younger years seem to move furthur and furter away as my kids were born i. i dont see them like that so i say i dont have any friends. i stay by my self i meet people through the way but they never stay  

Raeann11
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I have 5 really good friends since I was in junior high. We try and get together every week. Lately for me it is once a month. I have no clue how many friends I have made since I turned 30 but they are not like my really good friends.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 21, 2011 at 8:24 PM

I am friends with maybe 5 people from my younger days. I see them on occasion, like once a year if we have a cookout or are invited to something they are doing.  I have one good friend that I have made while in my 30's.

LMJ1
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:28 PM

ditto!  it makes me sad too.  :-(  It is hard to make friends after 30!  I moved away, so all my old classmates are far far away.  I don't work, so no co-worker friends.  When I did work, I lived in another state and now I keep in touch with my friends through FB

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I don't have any friends now.  The ones I did have are old classmates and a couple ex co workers.  The only friends I have now live inside my computer.

Jodi_A
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:30 PM

I'm still good friends with 4-5 people from my younger years, but I've made many friends in my 30s - mainly through work and my daughter.  Moving across the country at age 33 forced me to make new friends.  I have made probably 10 good friends since I moved. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)