Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids wondering off.. where's the parents?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

More and more.. I see kids  from ages 8 and under alone in stores.. I don't mean their parents just dropped them off there but there is no parent around. Like at walmart, it's like there are kids trying out the new games on the systems they have displayed. I go past them and think.. " where is the parent or parents?"

When I am in a store my kids are with me.. unless they have some shopping to do.. the older ones will go get what they needed they are teens. My 5 yr old stays with me.. if he runs off I'm following him which hasn't happended but a few times when he as 4 and learned he couldn't just run around.

My concern why are these kids not being watched. SO many kid are being taking... so many parents can't figure out why... but if they would just think about how much they allow them to run around a store, or tell to stay in the toy section and then they go off doing their shopping. Do they ever think about the sick individuals that could take them and do bad things to them like so many others have to other kids? Or .. how easy a person that wants a child could just come up and take their child?

Is it me or does anyone else see this?

and how do you feel about it?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
virgochild79
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:20 PM

i see it too and it disgusts me. Why can't you keep your kids with you? It only takes a second for someone to snatch a kid up and run out with them!! My kids are 5 and 8 and I still sit outside watching them while they play and ride their backs because I'm so paranoid about some sick freak driving up trying to take my babies!

emilysmom8
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 6:20 PM

I feel the same way! It only takes a second for someone to grab a child and walk off with them, and by the time the parents realise their kid is gone it might be too late the kid napper could have the kid far away by then

Dannille33
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:26 PM

I don't blame you if I lived in the city I would to assuming you live in the city.

out here there isn't anyone really in the county.. but I still watch my 5 yr old.

You can't be to careful .. the amount of molestation going on and child kidnapping being on the rise.. you would think parents would watch their kids. more!

Quoting virgochild79:

i see it too and it disgusts me. Why can't you keep your kids with you? It only takes a second for someone to snatch a kid up and run out with them!! My kids are 5 and 8 and I still sit outside watching them while they play and ride their backs because I'm so paranoid about some sick freak driving up trying to take my babies!

Dannille33
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Well, it amazes me that they arent more concerned.

I hear more of the Code Adam because kids freak out.. some don't even know their kids have left them or ran off.

It's crazy..

Quoting emilysmom8:

I feel the same way! It only takes a second for someone to grab a child and walk off with them, and by the time the parents realise their kid is gone it might be too late the kid napper could have the kid far away by then

owensmom34
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I see this happening too.  Very sad!

Dannille33
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:37 PM

When will people learn...

if you can't watch your kids ... leave them at home with a sitter or another parent!

Quoting owensmom34:

I see this happening too.  Very sad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)