Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why? If you are going to get in the car.... GRR

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

Two more innocent lives were taken because parents of these two girls felt that the drive to the grocery store was just a few mins away.

Sadly the choice they made not to buckle them up which would have taken 1 min or less.. and could have saved their lives..and because of that choice they now are left asking why?

Last week I was watching the news and after leaving their home to go 5 mins away to their local grocery store this couple's lives changed. The parents stated they usually buckle in their 2 yr old twin daughters but they had been having trouble with tanturms and them fighting the car seats and getting out. So they thought the quick drive would be ok with out them on. Of course the parents were buckled in.

As they approached the busy intersection and stoped at the red light they noticed a car coming towards them. The father ( the one driving) tried to pull his car out of harms way and then on coming car collided right in to them head on. This caused the twins to be ejected out of the back window. The parents didn't know what happened after that due to being unconsious. The father said he looked back and told them to sit down and they must not have.

The car behind .. the driver stated it was a nightmare..

This .. is why it is a must ... no matter how far or how little of a drive you have..

Please please... buckle those little ones UP!

I wish I could find the new article on this .... the video I found but mozzila wont let me copy and paste it.. grrrrrr

by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
soontobemommie3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:40 PM
OMG! My daughter goes into her carseat buckled in no matter what! And my boys know the first thing they do is buckle up when they get in!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YvonnesMommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:42 PM
I could never understand this either. I'm not a nazi car seat person, but I always, always, always buckle the girls in and adjust their harness. I've seen cars with kids sitting inthe car seat but not buckled in. When I saw that it made me wish that I had the police number to report them. It was really unsettling to see the kids bouncing around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dannille33
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Mine too... I always check and double check..

it's sad that people aren't thinking safety...

I know that many whom lost their lives from not wearing their seat belts.. and that is so sad.. but I feel it's a parents job to get them in one  ( car seat and seat belts)...

Quoting soontobemommie3:

OMG! My daughter goes into her carseat buckled in no matter what! And my boys know the first thing they do is buckle up when they get in!

soontobemommie3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:57 PM
Yeah my boys know I will sit there until they are buckled. I never have to even tell them anymore. I just say "everyone buckled?" Before I put in drive to make sure they've had time.

Quoting Dannille33:

I know that many whom lost their lives from not wearing their seat belts.. and that is so sad.. but I feel it's a parents job to get them in one  ( car seat and seat belts)...

Quoting soontobemommie3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dannille33
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Thats the way to do it!!

Quoting soontobemommie3:

Yeah my boys know I will sit there until they are buckled. I never have to even tell them anymore. I just say "everyone buckled?" Before I put in drive to make sure they've had time.

Quoting Dannille33:

Quoting soontobemommie3:

mom5160
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:21 PM

My kids are older but my van doesn't move until all seatbelts are buckled.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)