Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neighbors...grrrr

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:13 AM
  • 20 Replies

I need somewhere to vent so why not on Cafemom LOL...

The neighbor boy and my boy play together.  They are a year apart.  Anyways, sometimes the boy won't let my son play at his house and yells at my son to go home.  The mom yells at him to.  When I asked what my son did the boy just says that the daycare kids are over and he'd rather play with them.  The mom won't give me an explanation.

The thing is that I always let her son come over to my house and I don't say he has to go home unless he did something bad, or if my kids have to go in.

This lady has issues (because she told me) and I try to be very understanding because I don't judge but when she gets unreasonable it's so hard.  I don't trust her because she has already had the cops come to her house and had her husband taken away by the law.  She claimed he almost hit her but he didn't.  I really think she makes up a lot of stuff.  Her oldest daughter does pot (because she told me) and she (the mom, a daycare provider) is a drunk because I smell it on her breath often.

Anyways, any advice?  I told my son he shouldn't go over there anymore and it's hard on him but I think it's best because of how she is.

What would you do?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owensmom34
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I'm just tired of the drama.  :(

Flaca43
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:17 AM
I wouldn't let my son go there. She is a bad influence and does illegal stuff, and she and her son treat your son badly. I wouldn't think twice about it. Have your son play with another child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owensmom34
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Thanks and that is what I plan to do.  I feel like if I let her over there and she yells at him again for no reason it will just confuse my son.  He is only 5.

Quoting Flaca43:

I wouldn't let my son go there. She is a bad influence and does illegal stuff, and she and her son treat your son badly. I wouldn't think twice about it. Have your son play with another child.

badkitty0704
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:28 AM
I would not allow my child to play at that house. Im sorry to hear you have a bad neighbor. I would find other children for my child to play with or occupy his time with a hobby.
virgochild79
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:28 AM

That's an easy one. My kid would NOT be going over there. Doesn't sound like he's very welcome and why would you want your kid going to a place where drugs, alcohol ,violence and the police are present?

owensmom34
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:39 AM

True.  I just want you to know I've never let my son play in this ladies house.  They always play outside where I can see them.  It's hard because the boy (age 6) used to be really nice and friendly to my child but all of a sudden he is becoming a bully.  It just makes me sad. 

Quoting virgochild79:

That's an easy one. My kid would NOT be going over there. Doesn't sound like he's very welcome and why would you want your kid going to a place where drugs, alcohol ,violence and the police are present?

owensmom34
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Yes, I have a bunch of playdates lined up.  We don't have a lot of kids my son's age in the neighborhood and his brothers are much older.

Quoting badkitty0704:

I would not allow my child to play at that house. Im sorry to hear you have a bad neighbor. I would find other children for my child to play with or occupy his time with a hobby.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:48 AM
I would not let my child go over there and I would also report her to whoever is in charge of daycare inspections there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-Howe
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:07 AM
if your smelling alcohol on her breath I wouldn't let him go over. Sounds like a closet drinker.

I would just tell your son she's not in the right frame of mind to have him over to play.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetsurprise13
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:13 AM

i would just not let me son go over there and stay away from them . its not worth the drama. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)