Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Perfect parents

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:40 AM
  • 25 Replies
Don't you just hate when they make rude comments, especially when they are clueless.
I was in toys r us today with 3 kids: 4 1/2, 4 Monday, and 13 months. The store has started doing something that I love recently. They put the clearance clothes racks between the toy aisles so I can look at the clothes while the kids look at the toys. So I'm looking through the clothes and the older 2 aren't 5 feet from me looking at the toys. Not yelling, not fighting, not pulling stuff off of the shelves, not in anybody's way, nothing. Dd was sitting in the cart within arms reach holding her blankie and sucking her thumb.
This lady who was pregnant is looking at the clothes racks and says loudly to her friend "I cannot stand parents who just let their kids play in the store"
Now she knew they were with me. Whenever they were tired of an aisle they would tell me "we are ready to move on!" and I would tell them ok and we would all move down together.
Yeah, just wait until your child is 4 lady. You will just be happy they are playing quietly near you in a toy store!
I'm not the confrontational type so I just let it go but wow...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owensmom34
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:42 AM

I have had my former SIL make comments on how to bring up my kids and she didn't have any herself at the time.  Blah!  I just pretended not to listen.  It is so annoying sometimes though! 

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:46 AM
Oh yes, my brother tries to tell me how to raise my kids because his are older. But he didn't even start dating their mom until they were 7 and 10 so what does he know about toddlers and preschoolers?

Quoting owensmom34:

I have had my former SIL make comments on how to bring up my kids and she didn't have any herself at the time.  Blah!  I just pretended not to listen.  It is so annoying sometimes though! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-Howe
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:09 AM
Haha! Don't sweat it! Easy for her to say when she doesn't have kids yet. Haha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:17 AM
Oh I'm not. I just had to laugh. Doesn't sheknow the only way to guarantee your future children do something is to say "my kids will never..."
Maybe I should say "my kids will never obey". Think it would work?

Quoting T-Howe:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-Howe
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:23 AM
Should have commented straight back to her that you don't have that problem cause your children are well behaved and don't need to be treated like an infant.

That would have got her goat! LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:28 AM
No kidding. I was so proud of them for how they were playing too. I've never taken all 3 to town before so we are all working on what is expected. It was quite funny at trader joes. The 4 year olds each had a little cart and my 1 year old was following them carrying the cream cheese. She was so proud to help lol.

Quoting T-Howe:

Should have commented straight back to her that you don't have that problem cause your children are well behaved and don't need to be treated like an infant.

That would have got her goat! LOL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Judahsmommy96
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:48 AM

Oooooh that would've been a day when I would've went off on her...I had to do that to a friend's husband one day.
My son and I were at a store and I stopped to talk to a friend. Judah started squealing for my friend to hold him and her husband RUDELY puts his hands over his ears! I looked at him and said, "Oh, your children never squealed when they got excited?"
"No."
"Yeah, I seriously doubt that! And, to be honest, you have a problem if a child squealing or making loud noises bothers you THAT bad." And, I walked off.
They say that the most dangerous place in the world is between a mother and her child and it is SO true! People that make comments about other people's children need to get a life...before someone takes it for messing with their child!

RayneofTerror
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:59 AM

ugh, that was rude and stupid... hell i would rather have two kids at the other end of the isle behaving than two tyrants acting like mad people inside the clothing rack. your kids are totaly fine and that woman needs a clue. 

mom5160
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:11 AM

I agree!

Quoting T-Howe:

makelineerror
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:15 AM
When her kid is 4, she'll be so busy chiding other moms that she won't notice that her kid just climbed up on top of the bike rack.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)