Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Public Nudity ...

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:58 AM
  • 35 Replies

With the issues that so many people have over even breastfeeding, I wonder how they would fare in my town.

Where I live, it is perfectly legal to be nude in public. Women can be topless just the same as men can, and in the same places. You can walk down any city street without a stitch of clothing on, and it's fine. 

As long as you're not behaving sexually, this is completely legal, and especially in the summer, people do it. Not the completely nude, not very often, but sometimes. And women go topless at the beach on a regular basis. 

How do you feel about this? 

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vix920
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:03 AM

Where do you live? I think it can be appropriate, and probably even comfortable to go topless as a woman. I would tell any woman going topless to watch out for my son, though. He will think everyone is ready to feed him! LOL

AnnieMcD
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Santa Cruz, CA :o)

And LOL ... mine was the same way with any woman, topless or not, he saw boobies, he thought Mmmmmm lunch heehee

Quoting Vix920:

Where do you live? I think it can be appropriate, and probably even comfortable to go topless as a woman. I would tell any woman going topless to watch out for my son, though. He will think everyone is ready to feed him! LOL

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Although I am very passionate about breastfeeding, I am not for public nudity. I don't see them as being the same thing since the breast is not being used sexually. (Although I don't wanna see someone whip out their penis when not using it sexually either...lol). However, if I know it is a very liberal area (nudity and such), I would just avoid it. I lived in Europe before so I have seen it all...LOL

lizzig
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:19 AM

i have no issues with it. & no issues with my children seeing such.  we watch national geographic & they often see almost naked people when they are watching shows on aftrian tribes & such.  my 7 1/2 yr old has asked why they don't dress like us before but never made comments about them not having clothes on.  i have no issues being nude in front of them so for them to see people in their b-day suits wouldn't be a big deal.  i've taught them that their bodies aren't anything to be ashamed of but respected.

AnnieMcD
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:21 AM

I'm glad i'm not the only mom who's ok with being nude in front of her kids. My son is 5 and he sees me naked on a regular basis, whenever I get up, for example, cause I can't sleep in clothes... 

Quoting lizzig:

i have no issues with it. & no issues with my children seeing such.  we watch national geographic & they often see almost naked people when they are watching shows on aftrian tribes & such.  my 7 1/2 yr old has asked why they don't dress like us before but never made comments about them not having clothes on.  i have no issues being nude in front of them so for them to see people in their b-day suits wouldn't be a big deal.  i've taught them that their bodies aren't anything to be ashamed of but respected.

RobsWife212
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:53 AM

I don't think there is a problem with it. If I had a model body, I would probably want to show it off. I don't necessarily have a problem with my son coming across a naked person, but he would probably close his eyes if someone naked walked by just because that is the way he is, lol. I am never naked around my son though. It's just not comfortable for me.

Dannille33
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:30 AM

It would take me a bit of getting use to having others walking down the road nude.. as for me.. I'd not be one of them.. lol

AnnieMcD
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:32 AM

LOL, me neither man. I'm good with being naked at home, but outside is a bit much for me. Kudos to those who do, but nobody wants to see my fat ass strolling down the road. 

And the sunblock! I'd have to buy stock in a sunblock company, there's a whole lot of this body that's never seen the light of day, except through windows. 

Quoting Dannille33:

It would take me a bit of getting use to having others walking down the road nude.. as for me.. I'd not be one of them.. lol

BloodyAngel7476
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:00 AM

i don't think there is a problem with it i walk around my house all the time naked my kids are both use to i want them to be comfortable with there body so if they see i am they will to. we were born naked lol why not go around like that.

our3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:36 AM

I would never live in a place like that.  Not only do I not want my kids seeing other adults naked, I sure as heck don't want to see some random person's stuff. yuck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)