Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a non-submissive wife? s/o

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:13 AM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you a non-submissive wife?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (feel free to expound below :) )

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

That's me.  :)  My husband is my best friend on every level, which is not a relationship truly possible between a superior and subordinate.  .  We really respect each other's thoughts and opinions--this real respect does not allow us to arbitrarily decide in advance who is always going to have "the last word" or "final decision" on any issue--how can we know, before discussing an important issue, which of us will be the more knowledgable and capable of taking the lead on it, and how could it be possible that one of us would always have superior knowledge and capability on everything..?  Of course it isn't possible!

My husband is a man, and he knows it; he is utterly confident in his masculinity (which is mad-eyed sexy, too, on a side note--I've seen him in groups of other men many times, and his position in the group is always effortless, in stark contrast to some guys who clearly feel they have to put their dominance out there every ten minutes or so because God knows in that interval, if they don't, maybe they'll be mistaken for a pussy or something else remotely female-like).  Other men respond to this in fascinating ways--fascinating because it's so subconscious--my husband isn't a big man, at 5'9" and with a lithe build, but much bigger men will get out of his way as he  moves through a crowd of men.

My husband and I are going to have a daughter in a few months, his first child.  The entire notion of her someday submitting herself utterly to some other person based solely on that person's genital arrangement revolts him--he wants for her what he and I have; a best friend and true, equal companion.  I asked him, and he really looked revolted at the idea that she would submit to anyone as a blanket action, no matter what her own judgement said about the situation.  It clearly seems incredible to him that anyone would want her to just because she has a vagina and not a penis, and he just as clearly hopes with all his might that she never, ever gets involved with a man that would want that from her. 

Anybody else in this particular category?  :)

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LoGaNsMOM0619
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Yes sounds alot like my relationship. What I don't understand about some of these submissive relationships described on here is they say " we are equals but I'm submissive". That sounds contradictory to me. I get there are different levels of it but IMO anyone, man or woman, who has to train themselves to obey someone else is crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoGaNsMOM0619
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:26 PM
And my SO sounds alot like yours, except he is a bigger guy, 6'5 ... But he doesn't feel the need to " act manly" around others, it's just natural & yes people respond to it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lisa0626
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:34 PM

I also do not consider myself to be a submissive wife. My dh and I are best friends and we share everything including the responsibilites and decision making. We support each other's ideas and are there for each other. We work together as a team for our family. I love and respect him as he does with me. He is a very confident man. He does not need to be made to feel like a man by anything I may or may not do for him. We would never want our dd to take on a submissive role. She is to be her husband's equal or he can hit the road!

sheri305
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Congrats on the baby,but like I mentioned in the other post,I'm somewhere in between I quess.I respect my hubby,he adore and respect me,we make decisions together,and although hes the main bread winner,I control all the finances.He is a Mans man so to speak,and I respect him as such.So both of us are confident in our rolls.Their is no BOSS with us.We are a team.That's been our system for 16 years,and it work for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)