Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want to help some moms on here ( read why)

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:32 AM
  • 19 Replies

I can't help but read some of the post on here from moms, on how tired they are and can't get stuff done because there DH, or SO doesn't help them. As we all know to well being a mom is hard, we don't get breaks like the men do, we can't just run off etc.  I wish there was a way to form some kind of group and help these moms take a break. I woudl love to help the moms in my area.

I;m sorry to all the moms that have to deal with there men like that.

PS. my husband is that way too. he isn't very helpful. i think if my kids were computers we would be all set.. lol

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dannille33
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:03 PM

That would be a great idea if you could find we could find a way.

Many just needs a sitter that isn't costly for a few hours, or some one to come and help out in their home at times. Though mom's have be playing the hard working role or MOM for years it seems in this day and age it's really gotten harder. The kids have to be watched alot more, and teens can become out of control and very mouthy.. all this adds more stress. Having a man / husband sit there and watch you like he is one of the kids doesn't help. It really makes you want to say .. HELP ME DAMN"T sadly men are very intersesting creatures.. they feel like you should take over role of their mom when they are with you.

I know that not all men are like this perhaps they watched their mom's and felt like their dad should have been there more fr the mom who knows.

I being a woman/ mom that lives in a house where it's hard to get things done with a husband that does very little in the home but so much outside it.. can relate totally..

Hugs ... to all of us moms..

I hope that one day we can help one another in our towns, and cities..

noel1979
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Maybe if enough people read and post on here something can get started.. I will start with me.

I live in Torrane , Ca. if there aer moms out there that live near me and need a break let me know. No cost. Poeple just need  a day to relax or even have a little help in the house one day.

Dannille33
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:10 PM

I wish I lived closer I'd help you out ...

and your right if others post / reply to this post it could very well help alot.!!

Quoting noel1979:

Maybe if enough people read and post on here something can get started.. I will start with me.

I live in Torrane , Ca. if there aer moms out there that live near me and need a break let me know. No cost. Poeple just need  a day to relax or even have a little help in the house one day.

Dannille33
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:12 PM

I'll help to as much as I can some one in my area..

I'm Dannille

I live in Belle Plaine Iowa..  haven't alot of time but I have some that I could use to help others in this area..

and.. yes if  mom's could relax and know they aren't alone in how they think and feel.. and get rested up when they are sick that would make all the difference for sure.

newbie623
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:12 PM

That would be awesome. All us moms deserve and need breaks. It's sad  that most of us don't get breaks and are on the edge of losing their minds...lol

our3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:25 PM

My DH doean't really help every day with the kids, but it doesn't bother me. I have already lived through working 3rd shift, staying up all day with 2 kids 3 and under, and went to school full time to get my BS degree ( ALL at once, and this lasted for 3 YEARS). The way I see it , if I made it then I can make it now. Sure it gets lonely sometimes, and it would be great to have some help BUT really what I need is to get my butt off of the computer and I could get all my stuff done.  I think I need a timer lock for my computer, where it shuts it down after so long ;)

Lisa0626
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:27 PM

It is a very thoughful idea to have like a moms break center, or something. Maybe, it can be a community outreach thing.

Dannille33
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:27 PM

You are so right.. helping one another is the real key.. and I know I've already lost my mind. lol Now if I could find it.. JK..

Mom's need time to.. and some struggle to find that ME time..

Quoting newbie623:

That would be awesome. All us moms deserve and need breaks. It's sad  that most of us don't get breaks and are on the edge of losing their minds...lol

Dannille33
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I think it also depends on alot of factors.. how many kids some one has, and if they are special needs children ( I know I have one that I raised by myself) and it also goes on if a mom has depression, anxiety and panic attacks, so much goes in  to it.. and just because one mom can make it .. another might not be able to do it alone.

I was a single mom for 6 yrs after a very bad first marriage. It was hard and  might as well been single with 2 kids then. I worked full time 12 hours a day... I did my best to clean up and get things done with no help at all.

Now.. in my second marriage and one child added I am working just part time. I have a dh that helps very little.. and ya know what .. I am not paying for all that I did on my own. I broke and I still push on.. I know that sometimes it's good to have some on just to talk to, some one to help out once in a while.

But.. kudos to you.

Quoting our3:

My DH doean't really help every day with the kids, but it doesn't bother me. I have already lived through working 3rd shift, staying up all day with 2 kids 3 and under, and went to school full time to get my BS degree ( ALL at once, and this lasted for 3 YEARS). The way I see it , if I made it then I can make it now. Sure it gets lonely sometimes, and it would be great to have some help BUT really what I need is to get my butt off of the computer and I could get all my stuff done.  I think I need a timer lock for my computer, where it shuts it down after so long ;)

Dannille33
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Thats a good thought to.. that could work.. :)

Quoting Lisa0626:

It is a very thoughful idea to have like a moms break center, or something. Maybe, it can be a community outreach thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)