Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New watchers or New papers? and you?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm just wondering.. who watches the news and reads news papers?

I know many of you stated you read the stir articles and such.. but is that ?

I've found that the news depresses me, and the new paper costs to much. The online articles online are some what to sassy for me or to much for my liking..

I don't follow actors or actress's much. And.. I have enough going on in my life I don't need to read about others..

so that's why I'm curious about all of you and if you do...

If you do read the papers.... do you like comics? they use to be my fav..

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetsurprise13
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:44 PM

i read the paper once a week . I get it on sundays  or actually sat night . I do skip the depressing stuff. I don;t need anything depressing in my life.

sheri305
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:47 PM

I read some of the paper,and very seldom do I watch the news.Most of the news,I learn from CM.

Dannille33
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:53 PM

I'm with you both... I read a few stir things usually if they reach out and pull me in. lol

I also watch the new for  weather at times.. darn storms make you watch the weather it's almost not safe not to...

our3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:57 PM

If there is a paper around I'll read it. If I see an article online that I'm interested in I'll read it. I don't care for the comics, I prefer the news. I do have local news on my homepage, so I can keep up with whats going on around me. As for celebrities, I like to read about them every now and again.

4music
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I watch the news almost nightly and get a local (township) newspaper weekly. I am a voter and i stay involved in my community. You can not be effectively involved if you leave yourself ignorant to what is going on around you. I am a firm believer that ignorance is not bliss, it is ignorance & it will cost you.

“We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality”
Dannille33
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Well here it's all about politics.. and I am not.

We are farmers.. and my dh is the brains about policits not I ...lol

I'm happy to just keep my family happy and to have a job.. which is very hard to keep these days.

As for the drama of the world and a war I cannot do anything about but pray for peace and hope that it will end.. the news offers me nothing else..but dispair..

as for the local news of a town of 500 it's 2 pages and its filled with who was arrested and elected.. that's about it.. oh and the weather.. so .. Is that ignorant? or was that not towards me?

Quoting 4music:

I watch the news almost nightly and get a local (township) newspaper weekly. I am a voter and i stay involved in my community. You can not be effectively involved if you leave yourself ignorant to what is going on around you. I am a firm believer that ignorance is not bliss, it is ignorance & it will cost you.

4music
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Uh, you asked about who keeps up on the news - just answering the post ma'am.

Quoting Dannille33:

I'm happy to just keep my family happy and to have a job.. which is very hard to keep these days.

As for the drama of the world and a war I cannot do anything about but pray for peace and hope that it will end.. the news offers me nothing else..but dispair..

as for the local news of a town of 500 it's 2 pages and its filled with who was arrested and elected.. that's about it.. oh and the weather.. so .. Is that ignorant? or was that not towards me?

Quoting 4music:

“We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality”
Dannille33
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I gotcha.. I just was making sure..:)

and... I didn't want to sound harsh.. just living out here I am pretty detached from the ongoings of the town.. and politics get me all confused..

I'm glad you are invloved in your town and read up on things.. :)

Quoting 4music:

Uh, you asked about who keeps up on the news - just answering the post ma'am.

Quoting Dannille33:

Quoting 4music:

mom5160
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:37 PM

I always watch the news just to keep up with what's going on in the world.  I only get a news paper on Fridays to see what yard sales they are going to have on Saturday.  Lol

Dannille33
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:46 PM

I love those sales.. I've been so busy I haven't went to any yet.. but I hope to before to long.

Quoting mom5160:

I always watch the news just to keep up with what's going on in the world.  I only get a news paper on Fridays to see what yard sales they are going to have on Saturday.  Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)