• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice very badly

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:50 PM
  • 13 Replies

So in November my DH got primary residential custody of SD and SS. BM is taking us back to mediation cuz she wants the kids home with her.  The children do NOT want to live with her. This all started last August because SD and SS said they were afraid of BM cuz she throws stuff when she's angry. Now she's playing dirty. She is bringing up my past, my previous marriage and my two children that live with my exes family. Yes, they do live with my EX's parents. I was in prison for bad checks and I have left them there because that is all they know. BM also says that I am emotionally unfit to raise my SD and SS. DH and I also have a two year old together. I am bi-polar. I see my doctor monthly, see a counselor, have a case manager and a CPS. I take my meds as prescribed. But summer 2009 and summer 2010 she willingly gave DH the kids for the entire summer knowing I would be caring for them. They have resided in our home since June 2010. Suddenly she says I am emotionally unstable. Yet she has an 18 yr old daughter that she walked out on twice now, leaving the child with a guy she says was abusive. Just walked out and left the baby there. At 16 she got pregnant to a 50ish year old man.  When she is angry now and knows she can't through things so she yells "I hate kids" She lies to the kids all the time. Anyhow, she has my exes info and everything. Can she hold any of this against me? Could it cause us to loose custody of the kids?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:52 PM
I'm so sorry this is happening. I don't know anything about custody issues, sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jllcali
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Depending on how old the children are, they can be deposed and the judge may take that into consideration, if they don't want to live with her.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Hugs!

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I'm so sorry this is happening. I don't know anything about custody issues, sorry :(

Gryeyedgrl
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:03 AM
You need to get a good lawyer, make sure that your doctors, counslors ect all have premission to talk to your lawyer. Make sure that when you go to mediation you dont loose your temper, no matter what she says or does. Let her look like the crazy unfit mother, dont let her make you look bad. Will they let the children voice their side?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeanellensmommy
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:55 AM

All of the above.

And, I think with everyone involved on your side, Especially if you're in good standing with CPS, you probably don't have anything to worry about.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Quoting jeanellensmommy:

All of the above.

And, I think with everyone involved on your side, Especially if you're in good standing with CPS, you probably don't have anything to worry about.

I agree and good luck.

T-Howe
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:43 AM
Damn. Sorry to hear. She probably could try to hold it against you but your doing everything you can to manage the bi-polar and she knowingly left them in your care before, so I doubt she gets away with it.

Sad to say she's just using what ever ammunition she has because like all of us she just wants her kids. Now whether she's fit is a whole different story.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owensmom34
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I'm not sure about custody issues either but I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Lisa0626
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I am not sure but I would seek legal counseling. The good thing is that the kids are old enough to say what they want as well. Good luck.

mom5160
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:17 PM

I agree and keep us posted on how everything goes.

Quoting Gryeyedgrl:

You need to get a good lawyer, make sure that your doctors, counslors ect all have premission to talk to your lawyer. Make sure that when you go to mediation you dont loose your temper, no matter what she says or does. Let her look like the crazy unfit mother, dont let her make you look bad. Will they let the children voice their side?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)