Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stress related to working outside the home and how to cope with it in and outside

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:43 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have a very demanding retail management job - the business is booming and it's go, go, go every day.  My fiance and I just moved to a new area and he too has a demanding job but his is Mon-Fri while mine is varied hours weekly.  I am having a hard time separating the stress from my job from my home life and unfortunately, my home life is beginning to suffer.  I would love to be a SAHM but my job pays very well and as you all know a two income family does make things easier.  I just feel that I am going to look back on my days working and feel I missed out on my son's younger years.  My best friend is encouraging me to see a dr to get some medicine to help me not to stress so much and keep 'looping thoughts'.  I am curious if anyone else out there feels that their emotional well being changed after giving birth.  Mind you, my son is 2 years old so this is not post partum but just the balance of everyday life seems more difficult daily.  So, has anyone gone thru this and if so what has helped you?  I love my career but at the end of the day I love being a mom and wife and housewife just as much.  Should I abandon my career and let the world guide me thru or get some help?  UGH....

Thanks for listening...

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
NearSeattleMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM

I guess it really depends on if you need the money or not . . .

owensmom34
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Stress can take a toll on health and if you really feel you need a little help there is nothing wrong with speaking to your doctor about what you are going through.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Quoting owensmom34:

Stress can take a toll on health and if you really feel you need a little help there is nothing wrong with speaking to your doctor about what you are going through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)