Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you turn in your own kids like this Mom?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM
  • 30 Replies

Mom turns in her children who rob gas station

Police and city officials in Milwaukee, Wisconsin are praising parents who have turned in their own children following a July 3rd gas station raid.

"We've already seen some success," Mayor Tom Barrett said. "Some parents have already stepped up and contacted police about their children's involvement."

It all began when a gas station in the Riverwest neighborhood was raided over the holiday weekend.

Minutes later, a group of people were attacked by teenagers.

Authorities asked the public to view the security camera images, in hopes of arresting those involved.

"We need parents to make their children take responsibility," Barrett said. "I'm glad to see that beginning to happen."

At least four of the suspects have been turned over to police.

One mother, "Kizzy," was watching the news when she recognized her 15-year-old son.

She went onine and and also found a picture of her 13-year-old daughter.

She turned both over to police.

"These are not the kind of kids that I'm raising to do stuff like this, and I feel like I put all my hard work and energy into my children, and for them to go out into the community and do things like that is just not acceptable," Kizzy said.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheri305
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Yes,no doubt!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:07 PM
You'd better believe I would!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gryeyedgrl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:08 PM
Yep, im raising my dd that you have to deal with consquences, so i definatly would
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-Howe
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:17 PM
Yes I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pregowithfifth
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:19 PM

OH HELL YES!  Dont do the crime if you cant do the time!!

sheri305
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Quoting pregowithfifth:

OH HELL YES!  Dont do the crime if you cant do the time!!

Thats right,"responsible for your own actions".

AutumnDreamer
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:21 PM

I would do it in a heartbeat

sfkdny
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I know people are so quick to say yes but I am going to say I have no idea what I would do.  I hope to never be in that situation - flame away ~!

AutumnDreamer
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Quoting sfkdny:

I know people are so quick to say yes but I am going to say I have no idea what I would do.  I hope to never be in that situation - flame away ~!

Do you make your child apologize when they hit someone, or take a toy away from someone?  Wouldn't it be that much more important to hold them accountable to something this big?

Tracy ~
Wife to 1 Engineer
Mother of 3 Humans, 3 Dogs, and 2 Cats, and 15 chickens
http://journeyofahousewife.blogspot.com

sheri305
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Quoting sfkdny:

True,noone knows what they would do in any situation in general until it happens,but only speaking for myself,I Know without a doubt,that I would turn my kids in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)