Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOMEMADE BABYFOOD! piog

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

hey mamas!

im about to start making my sons food at home and was wondering what the best products were. whats the best food processor i can get for my money? whats the yummiest baby food cook book? what should i look out for and what worked for your kids?

im going to be making big batches to share with my friends and family so i need a food processor that will be durable, easy to clean and easy to use (and cheap!).

advice please???

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
owensmom34
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I used ice cube trays and put them in ziploc bags in the freezer.  I can't remember if I found a good cookbook or just pureed most veggies and fruits.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Do you know about baby led solids?  I did that with DD.  No making baby food EVER!

With DS I made his baby food.  I used some cheap food processor from wal-mart.  I now own a cuisinart power prep plus and I will NEVER go back to a cheap one again!  I mean, it was expensive but this one can handle anything and I went through so many of those cheap ones...

Oh, and freeze in ice cube trays :)

There is a great website with recipes but I forgot what it is called at the moment

LancesMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Check with the recipe groups on here! Maybe someone will have some.

Stormy6669
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 1:18 AM

I use the magic bullet. Puree and cooked veggies or fresh fruits. When he got a little older around nine months I would give him whatever we were having. I would just cut it up his size and not use any seasonings or anything.

Katenemsmom
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 2:38 AM
My mom got me a 30 year old food processor from the Salvation Army. It probably sat in some woman's cabinet for 28 years because it's in perfect condition and works great.

The easiest baby food to make are sweet potatoes and carrots. I love the cookbook First Foods. I loaned my copy to a friend so I can't say the author. Fruit is easier if you cook it first. I use frozen fruit, just make sure you don't add too much water. That was one of my biggest initial problems. I don't add any water to a lot of fruits now. Just the cooking juices.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 2:39 AM
For big batches I had a huge black & decker processor. Best book I found: everythings organic feeding your baby & toddler
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)