Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any great bbq recipes?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:02 PM
  • 15 Replies

It's that time of year and lots of us are grilling. So, I thought we would share our favorite recipes and secrets here.

barbecuing

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stormy6669
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I like to take a bunch of veggies. Whatever I have on hand but mostly potatoes quartered, onions quartered, garlic cloves whole, red bell pepper, green chili's, mushrooms, etc. I get adventurous. I put it in foil, dribble olive oil, salt and pepper, wrap my foil packet tightly and grill. Mmmm. I make something like this every time I grill.

Stormy6669
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:05 PM

I also like to take some asparagus, marinate all day in olive oil, salt, pepper and bacon pieces. Then grill. Another yumm!

Stormy6669
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Peel a Sweet vidalia  onion but leave whole. Dig out a little of the middle of the onion so you can stick a half stick of butter in it then grill. Delicious!

Stormy6669
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:09 PM

When I am out of bbq sauce I make my own. Real simple. Doesn't taste as great but great in a pinch. I add half cup ketchup, third cup vinegar and three fourths of a cup of brown sugar. Mix all together and let sit for a while. You could even let it simmer in the crock pot all day. I made some today, this is what got me thinking of this post.

sheri305
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:11 PM

These are good Michelle,thanks.We barbecue a lot during the summer.

Stormy6669
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I also like to grill apples, pineapples, watermelon and pears. With the apple, core it, add butter and some cinnamon and nutmeg then set on the grill. I like to cut the pears in half and just grill them. Pineapple slices are always a great treat on the grill. Watermelon is something new we have been trying but love it!
If you want, add a large peice of foil to your grill then place fruit on the foil. It helps protect the fruit and it sizzles in it's juices more that way.

Stormy6669
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Quoting sheri305:

These are good Michelle,thanks.We barbecue a lot during the summer.

Thanks, we grill all summer long. I love to get creative with it. I will think of more and post them as they come to mind.

Stormy6669
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Also, I boil things like chicken and ribs before I grill them. Boil in the morning, marinate all day in bbq sauce then grill. If you boil it first it will be done on the inside and not burn the outside. You can also cook on indirect heat, but I also find boiling makes it so much tender and juicy.

Stormy6669
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Zucchini boats are always a hit. I either take yellow squash or zucchini and cut lengthwise. Then I de-pulp. As I am cleaning them I get a little butter and saute some garlic and onions. Then I pour my butter with garlic and onions on top of my squash. Place on grill ( I use the foil on the grill for this) flat side down for about five minutes while it browns up a little. Then flip over and add any cheese of your choice (mine is cheddar) and some already cooked crumbled bacon. Cook another five minutes and serve immediately while still warm.

Stormy6669
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:26 PM

I also like to add a can of coca cola to my grill on the opposite end I am cooking on. Makes my meat so tender, yummy and juicy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)