Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG No one told me

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:16 PM
  • 19 Replies

That DD would be clingy at almost a year old. I love her to pieces but I am so not used to her wanting mommy all the time. Even if I give her to DH she cries. How long does this go on for?

Mother of DD, expecting #2 December 19th
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trfgirl56701
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Let me know when you figure it out cuz my ds is the same way. I can't even hide in the bathroom without him tracking me down.

lil_mama06
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:45 PM

My 4 year old is STILL clingy....You would think I was always gone....She cries and cries when I go anywhere...

lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:46 PM

My 4 year old still follows me around like a puppy...

DaleCNowak
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:57 PM

The funny thing is she is the clingiest right before I go to work. Not really buch more than that but I remember it so much cause it makes me sad that I can't stay with her and play for an hour longer.

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:01 PM

You just have to put them down and walk away if they follow you just try your best to ignore them. I had to do this with my Daughter, I hated it but in order to get things done it was something I HAD to do. It took 2 weeks of doing this that Mommy will sit down love her then do work and when its bed time she will get Mommy again. It was hard for me since I never dealt with it with my first child :D

Owner of Groups:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114224  May 2005 Kids

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114223 September 2002 kids

BeautifulMomof1
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Ditto! lol

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Let me know when you figure it out cuz my ds is the same way. I can't even hide in the bathroom without him tracking me down.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaleCNowak
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:10 PM

This seems pretty helpfull I just thought it was a one year old phase.

Quoting LuvHugs429:

You just have to put them down and walk away if they follow you just try your best to ignore them. I had to do this with my Daughter, I hated it but in order to get things done it was something I HAD to do. It took 2 weeks of doing this that Mommy will sit down love her then do work and when its bed time she will get Mommy again. It was hard for me since I never dealt with it with my first child :D

Mother of DD, expecting #2 December 19th
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
kerijeanbean
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:14 PM

This is a normal time for being clingy.  Usually between about 8 to 18 months children develop separation anxiety and will want to be with you constantly and a lot will want to be held constantly.  She will outgrow it.  She knows when you go to work and is afraid of being separated from you.  This stage can last up into age two, but usually stops around 18 months.  My daughter still goes through days of clinginess where she will want to be held all day long and she is almost 2 and half.  It isn't everyday, just once in a while.  I like it now since she is so independent most of the time now.

virgochild79
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:17 PM
True story, I am sitting in the bathroom as I type and my 5 year old is right outside the door humming waiting for me to come out so,,,,good luck!
owensmom34
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:28 PM

My 5 year old clings to me sometimes yet too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)