Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a vent

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:54 PM
  • 8 Replies

I got a huge lecture by my dad earlier.  Why?  Because I said my 4 year old needs stronger glasses and I have to go pick them up.  So he goes off on how my uncle's doctor said he had vision problems and he had to go through eye patches and therapy and glasses and a few years later there was nothing wrong with him.  He says that they are just trying to get money out of me.

Umm... my son WANTS to wear his glasses to read because he says he can't see otherwise.  And I can see his tracking issue and convergence issue.  Are you kidding me???

Because you know, it couldn't possibly have FIXED his problem right?

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
owensmom34
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I'm sorry to hear that your dad feels this way.  I would be upset too!

T-Howe
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:20 PM
Sometimes parent of parents need to remember to but out on the "small" stuff in life and let their child raise their own children. My dad does this too. He doesn't like that my kids arnt hunter type guys like him but the have been able to do basic operations of a computer since they was little. Nevermind I've been teaching my dad how to use a computer for 3 years and he still doesn't have e-mail down.

Some people are good at somethings and not others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WHITELIGHTJENNY
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:26 PM
lol, when I was about 10, my gpa took me n my 2 sistes for eye exams n they said we all needed glasses. A couple months later they took him to prison for telling everyone their eyrs were bad lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Quoting owensmom34:

I'm sorry to hear that your dad feels this way.  I would be upset too!

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:10 AM
Well, dd goes there and doesn't need glasses and I can see both issues. He cannot trace a line, follow anything with his eyes, and when he's asked to look at a point his left eye looks and his right goes up instead.
So yeah, they aren't just trying to get money.

Quoting WHITELIGHTJENNY:

lol, when I was about 10, my gpa took me n my 2 sistes for eye exams n they said we all needed glasses. A couple months later they took him to prison for telling everyone their eyrs were bad lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WHITELIGHTJENNY
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:30 AM
Well that's great 4 u. I was just sharing my story. There r probaly rarely eye drs like this anymore. U r the one that would kn.ow anyways since u r around them all the time, lol. I'm sorry your dad upset u. Makes me mis mine, he's 6 hrs away. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:34 AM
Oh I understand. The dentist here told hubby he had 6 cavities. He went to a different dentist and nope, he didnt have any!!

Quoting WHITELIGHTJENNY:

Well that's great 4 u. I was just sharing my story. There r probaly rarely eye drs like this anymore. U r the one that would kn.ow anyways since u r around them all the time, lol. I'm sorry your dad upset u. Makes me mis mine, he's 6 hrs away. :-(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stormy6669
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:36 AM

How frustrating!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)