• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New first time mom, going back to work:(

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:48 PM
  • 9 Replies
Im new to the group. Im 35and my daughter Violet was born june 21st. Im starting back to work tomorrow and am having a hard time. Anyone out there working and breastfeedig?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sewdivineb
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:53 PM

I work but gave up BF before I started back to work.  I had to go back on my breathing meds also.  But it will be tough at first to leave her but it gets some better over time.  Good Luck mom

Moonbeam_Sea
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:54 PM
Greetings and congratulations! My #2 was born May 2 and I'm doing the working and breastfeeding gig as well. Fell free to chat with me about anything. :). I hope your first day back tomorrow goes well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetsurprise13
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:25 PM

aww. i know how hard that must be. hugs and I hope you have a good day back at work.

lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Hello and welcome to the group!  Congrats on your little one and good luck going back to work.

welcome to cafemom

mali321
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Congrats on the new LO. Its going to be extremly tough at first but it does get easier. I cried every day for a while when I had to leave my DD to go to work for 12+ hrs a day. Good luck at work tomorrow.

paulswife208
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:00 PM
I'm not working and breastfeeding but I am a working mom and I know that going back to work can be really hard. If your looking for a good group to give you tons of support you should check out the full time working mom's group.
Dannille33
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:01 PM

I was in your shoes 16 yrs ago.. I'm sure times have changed alot..

With my other 2 kids I didn't work till they were a bit older..

I would say find support groups .. and HUGE hugs!!

Its never easy going back to work.. you just want to stay home forever.. :)

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Good luck momma!

trfgirl56701
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Congrats on your new baby girl! I've been bfing and working now for 11 months with my son. I currently pump twice at work but I'm probably going to stop pumping after his bday since my pump is about dead and I'm just ready to be done with pumping. Feel free to message me if you'd like to chat :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)