Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do with extra pay?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:41 PM
  • 11 Replies

So next month this Sept has 5 Fridays for most this means an extra paycheck in the month. This only happens twice in every year usually. What do you do with yours? Savings, pay off bills, shopping spree, give to charity, plan a trip, etc. For me it usually depends what time of year it is and what we have going on financially. Being so close to Christmas I'll most likely but the bulk of it there or catch up on school items I they haven't'got yet. However if I really had a my dream way with it I'd put  a nice chunk down a spring break vaca for next year.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DragonLuv
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:46 PM

it's not considered extra pay in this house. :( goes to bills and whatever the needs are that week.

sewdivineb
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:47 PM

We will pay bills to many medical.

TigerofMu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Pay off bills and savings.  Buying coal or wood.

Dannille33
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:48 PM

There is no extra pay here... it's all sucked up by bills..

TwinmomAlicia
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:50 PM
Extra pay? Yay! I get to pay all my bills on time this month and have a reasonable grocery budget!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aolive
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Yes I would love to put it away for a little vaca but I know that won't happen! It will definitly be going towards christmas if we are caught up on bills but a dream vaca sounds really nice :)

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:29 PM
Usually extra pay comes from hubby working outrageous hours so some of it goes to spending the day as a family doing something special and the rest goes to savings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM

We havent had extra money in a long time.

Strega
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:47 PM
Same for us.

Quoting DragonLuv:

it's not considered extra pay in this house. :( goes to bills and whatever the needs are that week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babybabe
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:09 PM

I get paid twice a month regardless of how many weeks are in it.  There's no extra pay for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)