Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should the President be allowed? Poll..

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:59 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think ???

Options:

Yes

No

I don't care!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

To take a vacation when we are having so many economical problems?

Or Should be stay put and try to figure out what to do ?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
orcadarwin
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:25 PM

I think the economy is more important than a vacation.  I also think that the president and members of Congress should suspend their own pay and have that money go into the budget and pay down some of the debt.  

Dannille33
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:38 PM

I agree..

I know that everyone needs that time away from their job, but that being said.. This is no regular job, and I feel that everyone .. Congress wise should work hard to fix this.. including no extra spending...

Like.. vacations, expensive cars, and meals.. Just as we are doing as the Little people.. We have to cut back, so why can't they?

Quoting orcadarwin:

I think the economy is more important than a vacation.  I also think that the president and members of Congress should suspend their own pay and have that money go into the budget and pay down some of the debt.  

orcadarwin
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Exactly.  These two buses that they just bought are the perfect example of spending that shouldn't have been.  They are pointless.  And what about all this stuff about going green as a country?  Yeah, two huge diesel guzzling buses are the perfect thing to advertise going green.  There is no need for those buses.  What's wrong with the way things have been?  

Sorry, didn't mean to rant there.

Quoting Dannille33:

I agree..

I know that everyone needs that time away from their job, but that being said.. This is no regular job, and I feel that everyone .. Congress wise should work hard to fix this.. including no extra spending...

Like.. vacations, expensive cars, and meals.. Just as we are doing as the Little people.. We have to cut back, so why can't they?

Quoting orcadarwin:

A mother's child is every breath she takes. Walking hand in hand, every step she takes.

Life is hard.  Kids make the ride more fun.
celestegood
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Eh, I don't care.  Really.  It's a stressful job.  He deserves time off.

Dannille33
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Rant all you like..

I feel the same way..

I wish I could spend countless dollars. Maybe then I wouldn't be struggling to buy all the school needs my kids have to have.. Since there are so many cuts and raises with food and so much more.

it's like really!!???

Quoting orcadarwin:

Exactly.  These two buses that they just bought are the perfect example of spending that shouldn't have been.  They are pointless.  And what about all this stuff about going green as a country?  Yeah, two huge diesel guzzling buses are the perfect thing to advertise going green.  There is no need for those buses.  What's wrong with the way things have been?  

Sorry, didn't mean to rant there.

Quoting Dannille33:

I agree..

Quoting orcadarwin:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)