Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think.. is it really Obama or?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:08 PM
  • 8 Replies

The other day I am another woman happened to be talking about the on goings of the world today.

How money is tight and you just about how to scrap by.

She told me that she felt it wasn't just him, ( obama) but those before him  making poor spending choices.

This made me think .. and though I am not thrilled with the Obama health care, and or some of the other things that have been decided upon. It has made me wonder if it is so many others involved.

What do you think?

and.. if you could call Obama up .. what would you tell him ?

If you could give him a piece of you mind?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SoniaL
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Of course it isn't just him! This country has been in trouble for a long itme.  But then they hand Obama a big pile of crap and cry foul when he can't turn it into gold within the first 6 months.  

orcadarwin
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Yes, this country has been going downhill for a long time.  Obama has spent a bunch of money that he really shouldn't have spent, but that's also on Congress.  I really think we should get rid of the political parties and then maybe, just maybe, those elected people will start listening to the people who elected them, instead of listen to their party leaders.  I also think that those in elected offices should not get paid anywhere near the amount that they get paid.  Money has gone to their heads and they keep voting themselves raises, when they should be voting their pay down.  There is no reason to pay them so much.  When this government first started, all those offices were volunteer positions, not paid.  

nazmom2be
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:40 PM
1 not his fault he was handed a mess
2 he has over spent
3 he has taken vacation when Americans have gone through very hard times. It did not look good.
4 I hope we get a president that gives back a good portion of his paychecks to help balance the budget to show good faith.
Do I really think that last one will ever happen? No but it has in Africa once. Does anyone remember that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owensmom34
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I think Obama came into this office with a BIG PILED UP MESS.  I don't know who is to blame though.

tonikitchen
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:19 AM
Obama is not the mesiah. no matter who was in office after Bush wouldn't have done any better. This country was messed up before Obama and it will take probably a decade to fix.

Corporations are to blame IMO! And people who were living outside thier means. I live in DC area and I've seen alot of people whose salaries could never afford the homes, cars and lifestyle they lived. Credit was abundant. It was bound to happen. It's a cycle we have seen before.

I don't get why ppl don't want healthcare for those whose jobs don't provide for it or can't afford it. We pay taxes regardless and the government uses it for various reasons . I don't see anyone bitching about how much money we give to other countries and governments but oh my how Americans get all upset if we help our fellow Americans. We have a system in our country that helps illegal immigrants to get free healthcare and education but less fortunate Americans can't benefit. And I'm not even going to discuss my issue with the bureaucracy of these crappy for profit insurance companies and some of these worthless HMO doctors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hailey3
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:23 AM
It started during and before Clinton for the start of money trouble with each person after doing whatvthey felt was best for helping it, it has made things worse all around. IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Quoting SoniaL:

Of course it isn't just him! This country has been in trouble for a long itme.  But then they hand Obama a big pile of crap and cry foul when he can't turn it into gold within the first 6 months.  

agree

smushy79
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:53 AM

No, it isnt JUST Obama, but he has played a part in it as well. He has spent money the US shouldnt have been spending, and that money never really did see big results.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)