Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vacationing with out kiddo's?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

When was the last time you and your so, or dh went on a vacation with out kids?

and..

where was it to?

I've not ever been on a vacation with out my kids. I know it would feel strange.. lol

But I'm hoping one day I and dh can go without the kids and have the honeymoon we never had..

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I've gone out of town for the weekend (even out of state) without my kiddo. Alone, since I'm not married. Went to see a good friend in Chico, CA and have been to KY to see a friend in the Army, up to WA to visit friends as well. I don't feel guilty, it's good for parents to have time without kids whether you are married, dating or single. My kiddo always stays with her Dad, my parents or my brother and sister in law.

rousefam5
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Italy in July. It was a great experience BUT I missed the hell out of my kids and if someone were to ask me if I would do it again, I would say no. That trip was 7 nights and the longest I have been away from my kids. Prior to that we have done overnights and 3 night get aways here and there and those are much more manageable.....alcohol helps of course :)

TableforSeven
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:34 PM

In Jan/Feb of this year - DH and I spent our anniversary and the 8 days around it in Jerusalem, Israel.  It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

DH and I have been getting away for weekends a few times per year for several years now.  We always go away around our anniversary (which is Jan 31)....and we try to get away another one or two times every year.  We've never been gone more than 3 nights before and we've always been with 2 hours driving-distance in the past.  Take a 12+ hour flight worried me at first - but everything went well (though the grandparents got 'trapped' with the kids at home due to an ice storm for a few days during the school-week when we were gone)....and DH and I really got to relax and rejuvenate.  It was just what we needed.

mom2LandL
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Haven't ever done it.  We are planning our first kid free vacation for our ten year anniversary.  That's in about 4 year, LOL.  Right now, neither of us can imagine going away without them.  To us, vacation time is family time.  but one reason we are glad we had our kdis so young is that we will be young enough to enjoy each other's company after the kids are grown.  We didn't date long before kids---we are planning to make for it when they are gone!

3mommy3
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Just a few years ago. DH and I went to the beach for 9 days alone...It was heavenly.

owensmom34
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:18 PM

We went to a hotel an hour away for our anniversary.  I don't like traveling too far from my kids.

I hope you get your honeymoon someday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)