Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excuse or Sick.. ? Well find out tomorrow..

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:10 PM
  • 6 Replies

For the past 3 nights my 12 soon to be 13 yr old has been getting sick after he eats supper.

IT seems like in the day time he is ok.. but towards around 7pm he complains of being dizzy, headache, and ready to throw up.

He's been hit hard with allergies for all of the spring and now summer but I'm seeing that they are lightening up just a bit. He does take allergy meds.

I'm not sure what is going on with him, so tomorrow I'm taking him to the doctor.

Last week my 6 yr old had headaches, and a fever of 102.1 for 2 days and the doc said just watch him and he was all better in 4 days.

So well see..

Has any of your kids ever complained about feeling this way in the evening after they eat supper?

My only thing is he helps my  FIL on the farm and I'm thinking he might be using this as an excuse.. hence why he's going to the doc tomorrow..

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
owensmom34
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Do you have any mold in your house?  Just wondering because I knew of a family that felt sick off and on and come to find up there was a build up of mold within the house. 

I hope you get answers from your doctor.  Prayers to your kids.

Dannille33
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM
Well I'm going to look at thy as well. We are heading a clean up of the basement ... Maybe some of the old stuff in the basement is causing it.
We have a basement that leaks a little bit so that might be causing it. It's an old house so I don't doubt there is some down there.

If that is the case then I will find a ace to stay till it gets taken care of.

I hate to see the kids sick!!

And I always get so worried because they are hardly sick..:(

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owensmom34
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Hugs Dannille!  Hope everything goes okay at the doctor.  Keep us posted.

Quoting Dannille33:

Well I'm going to look at thy as well. We are heading a clean up of the basement ... Maybe some of the old stuff in the basement is causing it.
We have a basement that leaks a little bit so that might be causing it. It's an old house so I don't doubt there is some down there.

rennez
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM

this past week (we're in the midwest-STL) both my kids have runny noses and sore throats/belly aches.  i'm 99.9% sure it's allergies/drainage.  i hope it's just that for you guys!  good luck.

Dannille33
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM
Ya were in the mid west to... I think all the allergies and sinus crap have taken a toll. I couldn't have handled it like he did.

Maybe it's just a virus going around..

I hope your kids get better soon.

I live in Iowa.. Where do you live?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dannille33
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM
Thanks!! I'm calling at 8am.

Quoting owensmom34:

Hugs Dannille!  Hope everything goes okay at the doctor.  Keep us posted.

Quoting Dannille33:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)