Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:15 PM
  • 11 Replies

My Aunt and Uncle just gave me some CDs of old family pictures.  Little did I realize how old.

the one that says Nancy with the arrow is my grandma.  Taken in the 1930s.

My grandpa and great grandpa

my grandpa is on the left.  He used to own 7 Chevron stations

oh look, there's me with my brother and grandma

My mom is on the right

my grandma

there are 4 full cds of these!

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:19 PM

oh wow, this is my grandpa!

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
mom2LandL
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:20 PM

That is awesome!   I love old pictures.  A few years ago my stepmom made a bunch of old 8 mm's into dvd's--they are really cool to watch.

2AngelsAndABaby
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Those are awesome pics!  We got a cd like that of my DH's grandparents.  I think it was one of the neatest gifts.

Where did he own the Chevron stations?  My dad worked for Chevron for 35 years.

AMCMSM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:22 PM

These are great. When my grandma on my moms side passed she left all her photos to me. I'd love to get them on CD......what a job. My aunt on my dads side recently passed and we all recieved a bunch of CD's with photos. Both my dads parents passed before I was born so I never knew them......

Stormy6669
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:23 PM

My DH got a CD for Christmas a few years back of old pics from the family. Best gift ever! We really enjoy looking over the pics.

Thank you for sharing these. They are great. I just love old pictures! Your grandma is a very beautiful women!

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Stockton, CA

Quoting 2AngelsAndABaby:

Those are awesome pics!  We got a cd like that of my DH's grandparents.  I think it was one of the neatest gifts.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:43 PM

This is the one I remember.  My brother and I used to try to jump up and down on the cable that made the bell ring when cars came in.  And the author of Star Wars used to come in and let us play in his limo and tell us about his newest books, especially if he was stuck and didn't know what to write next!

that was back when Chevron did auto repair AND gas.  And the gas was full serve too.  My grandpa shut the last one down when they told him he had to go to all self serve.  He wouldn't do it.  Didn't believe that was serving the customers.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Stockton, CA

Quoting 2AngelsAndABaby:

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:43 PM

I love old photos.

singlemomof2nok
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I love looking at old pictures

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:55 PM

How cool!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)