Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Services Removing Kids From Homes After Parents Arrested For Marijuana

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:55 PM
  • 38 Replies

Child Services is now taking into consideration parents who use drugs as a case for removal of the children from the home.

The problem is the drug arrests are minor. In one particular case a father lost custody of his 1-year-old daughter over a $5 bag of marijuana.

Michael Fagan, a spokesman for the Administration for Children's Services said,“We think the argument that use of cocaine, heroin or marijuana by a parent of young children should not be looked into or should simply be ignored is just plain wrong.”

If drugs are legally considered minor, how do they justify such a major action like taking away their children?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mandymb
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Bottom line is pot is illegal rather we think it should be or not. You break the law you deal with the consequences. Simple!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephadams1107
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:00 PM
I don't think it should be ignored. However saying that I think in this particular case the punishment was a little extreme. If they are going to start doing that they should probably start raiding fridges for alcohol. It can have worse effects than pot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cawmom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:05 PM

If your dumb enough to do drugs around your kids or even have drugs around your kids you obviously are too stupid to have kids

Owl_Feather
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:05 PM
I agree

Quoting stephadams1107:

I don't think it should be ignored. However saying that I think in this particular case the punishment was a little extreme. If they are going to start doing that they should probably start raiding fridges for alcohol. It can have worse effects than pot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Quoting Mandymb:

Bottom line is pot is illegal rather we think it should be or not. You break the law you deal with the consequences. Simple!

whimsyjuggalett
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I think thats a bit ridiculous.

mom2LandL
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:17 PM

I agree too.  And now that people know that it CAN happen---they have no one to blame but themselves if they lose their kids to pot.

Quoting Mandymb:

pregowithfifth
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:23 PM

As a child that grew up in a house where the parents used drugs I would say YES YES YES!!!!  My sister and I both got lung infections more than once because my parents smoked in the house it is not a good enviroment for children at all.  

deccaf
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Alcohol is legal.  Pot is not.  That's the difference. 

Quoting stephadams1107:

Stormy6669
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Quoting Mandymb:

Not true! Depends where you live. I am in AZ and I have my medical card to smoke pot. Making me, legal!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)