Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drink or no drink?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:36 PM
  • 29 Replies

Last weekend I put as my FB status ... " you know your older when you are still sitting at home on the weekends instead of going out." lol

Of course many of my friends commented with how they to were sitting at home and you either can't trust a sitter, or wont pay the price for one. So many of them to were at home.

One was going to a block party and said she was mixing a drink. That got me thinking how long it's been since I had a drink. About 7 yrs...

I look back on all the drinking I did as a teen and I think I just did it all then. I've not really wanted anything since age 20.

So.. do you drink? or not?

and.. if not .. when was the last time you drank?

and... do you still go out?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
azn_ladie82
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Gosh, I am such a light weight now that I'm a mom. I have a beer and I'm buzzing halfway through it. LOL! The last time I had one was at this restaurant in Cincinnati back in April- I started buzzing after a couple sips. Just horrible!

BellaH10
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I don't drink and don't really go out (unless working out on a friday is going out...lol). I prefer to be at home.

suziq1982
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:10 PM

I did my drinking before 20. I was no longer interested in drinking after 20years old. I do occasionally have a drink when my hubby and I go out but the last time we went out was last valentines day when parents watched the kids. Our issues is finding a baby sitter that we trust. We move a lot and don't know anyone. I hope we could find a baby sitter where we live now I miss dating my hubby.

Briony
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:56 AM

I don't drink. My husband had a brush with alcoholism about 20 years ago. He wasn't quite in alcoholic territory, but close enough to make him not want to have it around, just in case. He has alcoholics in his immediate family, so we just avoid it entirely, don't keep it in the house. I've had maybe 2 drinks in my entire life.

Mikeysmom1001
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:37 AM

I very rarely have a drink, maybe once every couple of months and it's usually a glass of wine with dinner. I don't go out, unless it's dinner out with friends or hubby, but not to clubs or anything.

goddess829
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:09 AM

Rarely.  I did have a margarita and a peach snap while in Disney, though.  (I had each drink on a different day)

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:07 AM
I never go out but I do drink. Usually merlot. I drank plenty in my 20's but haven't wanted to stop yet. Especially with the extra work a new system is creating at my job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rennez
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:10 AM
I drink every day. Not a lot, but at least a glass of red wine. I don't go out often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:05 PM

do you drink? or not? On Occasion I will drink, socially.

when was the last time you drank? Lastnight I had a couple of drinks with my hubby and friends.

do you still go out? We don't go out often. We usually go out when our friend's band is playing. 

skittles2011
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 7:32 PM

dh and i go out about once a month for a date night and we'll have a drink and sometimes we'll get a 6 pk when we watch a football game, but thats about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)