Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have a daughter

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM
  • 57 Replies
and she wanted to participate in a beauty pageant, would you let her? And would you continue to enter her in them if she won?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teri4lance
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM

probably not - they mostly disgust me. Esp looking at those girls with spray tans and capped teeth. scerry.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM
I have a son so I don't know if I would. Of course the show Toddlers and Tiaras pops into my head so I don't think I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marz31
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:46 PM

my almost-3yo loves that show....has us introduce her which I find annoying, but it makes her happy. she's 2. there's no way I could afford to do any sort of pageant. One reportedly spent 4 grand on a toddler dress. Uh, that's half of what I spent on my ENTIRE wedding. and with prizes around $500-maybe $1000 for absolute top prize, there's no way I'd ever be able to justify the spending. if prizes were even twice what was spent, perhaps. One lady claimed she was in a bunch as a child and it put her thru college....I can't imagine that happening now a days, I would bet most people invest 5-10 times what their child actually "Earns" from the different events.

singlemomof2nok
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:47 PM

I wouldn't and my daughter has asked.  We just don't have that kind of money that it takes for them to participate and buy all the things they need

cowboysgirl3227
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:48 PM

It would depend on the pageant.  I put her in a baby pageant when she was 1 and then again when she was 2.  She won when she was 1 but the next year when she was 2, she hated it so that was the last we ever did.  It was a natural pageant where the little girls were not allowed makeup or anything glizty.  I would never do the fake nails and teeth or spray tans, fake hair, thousands of dollars spent on clothing or any of that.

AutumnDreamer
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM

yup, my daughter was in a pageant last week at our town fair, and the same one last year.  She wanted to do Miss Teen Ct this year but we missed the deadline.

dawgfan1978
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:50 PM

I would enter her if she wanted.  I would only continue to enter her if she wanted.  When she said she was done she would be done.

toopicky429
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I probably wouldn't, but mainly because of the cost. They are ridiculously expensive.

leiaelimommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:53 PM

I would in some pagent the kind that raises money for special causes thoses are the only one,no fake spray or a load of make would not be on her

mommieof
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:53 PM
No I would, I believe it ruins there childhood just let the kids be a naturally beautiful, happy kid. Why teach them that beauty is so important? I think it just makes them too focused on looks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)