Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you stare at couples that have an age difference?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:22 PM
  • 39 Replies

This does not bother me when I see others. It did bother me in the begining of my relationship. I feel if you are happy, loved and not abused then that is all that matters. I saw another post, it got me encouraged to post this. There don't seem to be that many around in my situation. Yes there is an age difference between dh,me.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jesmoore27028
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I don't but my parents are 13.5 years apart in age so I grew up knowing that the age thing wasn't a big deal as long as it was appropriate.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Age difference doesn't bother me.

Malissa1578
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Not generally no, but I guess maybe if the age difference was causing a stir where ever we may be at i might take a look to see why.

kintop
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:00 PM

No for one it's rude and it is not my place to judge. Love knows no boundary or age.

fel1c1a
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:00 PM
It doesnt bother me at all if ur happy thats all that matters and we dnt know what goes on in peoples life or there situation between them. Im 29 and my dh is 38 :) happily married
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fel1c1a
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Kintop i love how u said that very well said

Quoting kintop:

No for one it's rude and it is not my place to judge. Love knows no boundary or age.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KAIMOM242
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:29 PM

IT  does not bother me i am 8 years older than my husband and i forget that i am, no we dont get any stears because ppl cant tell if the look at us because he looks older than me. but it dose not matter we have been togather for4 years and married for 2 and loving it.

cowboysgirl3227
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:31 PM

It has never been an issue for me.  My dad was 15 years older than my mom and I am 5 years older than my husband.  My parents were married for 30 years before my dad passed and my husband and I have been together for 15 years.  If you are both adults age does not matter.

Kris_PBG
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Nope- I don't remember ever even noticing, let alone staring...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.lazar
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM

not at all! me and my hubby are 14 yrs apart, my step-mom and father are 17 yrs apart. age is a number, its whats in your heart that counts! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)