Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trying to get my daughter to understand

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM
  • 4 Replies

I live in a small complex, where everyone kind of knows everyone. All the kids play together. well, we are having some new people move in. and my daughter has taken to the habit of going outside to play and go in peoples houses without telling me. I have grounded her, spanked her, and told her and her friends she isnt allowed in there house. I try giving her some freedom but it seems i give her an intch she takes it to far. I dont know how i can get it though to her that i dont want her in peoples house. I do keep an eye on her. she has this little friend that lives in the middle of our complex and i have met her parnets and they are very nice and i dont have a problem with them. But i hate when she tells me that she is going one place then turns around and goes to another. I have thought of getting her a cell phone,  but i want her to learn that she just cant take off when she feels like it.

No bashing please..i am really trying to work this out.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AllofFive19
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Until she can learn not to go places without telling you, then you need to constantly supervise her. Even if it means going with her the moment she steps foot outside the door.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:02 PM

How old is your daughter?  You need to talk to her about her safety, your concerns and worries, and what may happen if she continues to wander off somewhere and you don't know where she is.  Tell her that if something happens to her or to you and you can't find her, both of your safety is jeopardized and in today's world, you can never be too careful.  Explain to her why she can't just go off without telling you where she's going and that she needs to ask your permission before going somewhere, no matter where it is.  Good luck and I hope everything gets better.

lovebeingmrs
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Thanks ladies for the advice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky35
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Hey if she doesn't get it from grounding and spanking, then you need to go back to grounding her from being outside until she learns that she can't go just anywhere and into anyone's house without letting you know first or whatever the rules are.   that's dangerous

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)