• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM
  • 17 Replies

Hi ladys,

I am looking for a lil help. I need to find some Info about Mirena. Everyone I have talked to has not heard of it nor has knowned no one that used it. The only one person I do know has not been good.

There is a big reason why I am asking. I can not have no kids. It is to help control my monthlys,. Mine are really bad to where I use 3-4 pads at a time. Them are over night ones. An I can go though them with in a half hour. You would think this is an easy thing for me to deside on but it is not.

I will give u a lil back round on me on why it is not easy. An why I need to find out some info. Maybe there is someone else out there like me. I have a blood disorder. I just found out this last summer when I was put on birth control pills to help with my monthlys. Come to find out it runs in the family and did not know it. So I can not have no hormones at all because I get blood cluts easy. I had almost died becasue of them. I was mins away. All because of birth control. 

Ok fast forward I see my ob and they talk about taking everything out. in this mean time I get 2 other drs in the office Why I guess they are trying out new drs not sure. Well this dr I just seen Said something to me about the Mirena. He gave me some info about it. As I read up it says it also can give blood cluts. But he tells me it does not.

So I am coming to you guys and asking for your in put on it all and helping me. I need live ppl in shoes like mine or even some to tell me what they like about it. So your monthly slow down or did they get worst? What is the pros and cons?

I know this is a lil long I am sorry about it. I just so much going on the brain here with this.

Thanks for your time.

Annessa

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazzyandpat
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:43 AM

BUMP!

lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM

bump

jazzyandpat
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:55 PM

BUMP!

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:12 PM

sorry I've never had one.

bmw29
by Bobbie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM
I'm on my second one and have not had my period in almost 9 years. It effects everyone differently though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stormy6669
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 3:22 AM

I didn't do mirena but I did do the copper IUD. It must not of been put in right as it hurt and pinched with my every move. A few days later I reached right in and pulled it out by the strings. It was way painful for me. Not sure if it was done wrong or my body just rejected it. Either way, I don't want to go through that again. Hope you have a better experience then I did. GL!

renomnca
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 3:56 AM

I LOVE my Mirena.  I haven't had a period in 4 years.  I have no side effects.  However, I would do more research on the whole blod clot thing though.

jazzyandpat
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 3:28 PM

I want to thank the ladys that replyed to my post. I did do alot of research on it along with coming here. As everyone can read not many ppl helped me out here as I hoped for. I guess there was not enough drama for the ladys. I did deside not to do the mirena.  I am going with something else. I am having my insides burnt. I cant remember what it is callled. As my ob put it, It is almost like boiling an egg they take boiling hot water and burn the insides of me. I my self think it is more safer for me then the Mirena. There was to much going against me.... Again thanks ladys!

SlightlyPerfect
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 4:38 PM

After DD, I had Mirena inserted. It hurt like hell for about a week, and then it magically found the right spot. I haven't had a period since. I love it. I'll never use anything else.

slightlyperfect

SlightlyPerfect
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Same thing here. It really is awesome.

I used to work at a women's clinic, so I was always up to date on contraception and trying all sorts of different kinds. Mirena is just awesome for me.

Quoting renomnca:

I LOVE my Mirena.  I haven't had a period in 4 years.  I have no side effects.  However, I would do more research on the whole blod clot thing though.

slightlyperfect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)