• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever tell your kids ENOUGH!?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:43 AM
  • 27 Replies

My 4 year old is going through a growth spurt right now but really, he can't keep eating like this!  This morning for breakfast he's had...

a bowl of cherrios, full to the top.

a cup of almond milk

5 peanut butter and honey graham crackers

a bananna

an orange

He's still saying he's hungry!!  I say ENOUGH!!!  

Do you every say enough??

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:45 AM

No, as long as he's eating healthy food and eating the entire portion.

If it were me I'd give him some more protein. Sounds like the kid needs some fuel! :)

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:49 AM

He refused to eat anything I offered that had protien in it besides the peanut butter.  We are having chili for lunch and I made a whole crock pot full so he can eat and eat.

Quoting Firewoman33:

If it were me I'd give him some more protein. Sounds like the kid needs some fuel! :)

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:52 AM

My son does the same thing, I ask him to take a break, but it's so hard as I know he only eats when he is hungry. 

For instance we took my mother and one of her friends from the Senior living home she lives in and took them to this buffet place last Sunday.  My son ate a steak, not a piece of steak, a steak probably about 6oz.  the he ate corn, green beans, mac and cheese a chicken drumstick and ice cream with sprinkles.  I thought he would explode!  He ate, then went outside and played like he didn't have all that food inside of him.  He is 3 and a half.  last night he ate half his pork chop and half his potatoe.  He wasn't hungry, but when he gets hungry, WATCH OUT!

Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Sounds like my son. It's almost like they don't have a great knowledge of nutrition. lol

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

He refused to eat anything I offered that had protien in it besides the peanut butter.  We are having chili for lunch and I made a whole crock pot full so he can eat and eat.

Quoting Firewoman33:

AutumnDreamer
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Absolutely!  IMO Kids don't really understand the difference between being hungry and just wanting to eat.  As parents we have to be able to tell them when enough is enough.

MissyB1011
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:07 PM

My DD will do this right before a growth spurt. I have told her to take a break. I'll have her wait a little bit then check to see if she's still hungry. She does make good food choices, so I don't worry about what she's eating. I worry about her throwing up from eating too much at one time.

lylaschild
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Try feeding two teenage boys!! Geesh!! lol

Due9
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:12 PM

No, because my son doesn't eat alot..I wish he would eat more.

sheri305
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Quoting AutumnDreamer:

Absolutely!  IMO Kids don't really understand the difference between being hungry and just wanting to eat.  As parents we have to be able to tell them when enough is enough.

I agree,sometime we have to....

Deedee0115
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM

And then all of his friends.....and then fighting with the two teenage girls who are refusing to eat...cuz they're never hungry....right!!

Quoting lylaschild:

Try feeding two teenage boys!! Geesh!! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)