Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I huffed and I puffed and...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM
  • 6 Replies
I huffed and I puffed and I BLEW the leaves into the street!

OK - ok....I had a little help from the leaf-blower (ok...A LOT of help).

The tricky part is that we still have all of the branches that fell from our trees in the recent snow-storm at the edge of the street because the township hasn't gotten to our neighborhood yet..so I had trouble finding space for all the leaves. The trees aren't even done losing leaves yet....about 1/2 are still up there....goody. I spent 3.5 hours on them today....I'm sure it will be at least that much another day (or two) once they finish falling.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
owensmom34
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:46 PM

That is always such a big job!

sweetsurprise13
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:52 PM
I used to love when my mom would rake them back in the day into a big pile and then we would jump on them. It was so much fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 6:26 AM
Quoting sweetsurprise13:

I used to love when my mom would rake them back in the day into a big pile and then we would jump on them. It was so much fun.

Sadly - there is no leaf-jumping in this family. If there was...there would be plenty more huffing and puffing...and wheezing and sneezing....thanks to all of the fall allergies.
Stormy6669
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I hate cleaning the leaves up. I never just blow them around though. I suck them up and dispose of them. I hate hate, HATE when my neighbors blow there leaves over the street. That just puts them in my yard! Nothing makes me more aggravated!

lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:48 AM

It sounds like you must have a ton of leaves!  We have some, but it's not too bad.  Unfortunately our neighbors moved out and their house is sitting empty and they have leaves EVERYWHERE!  I have a feeling that they're going to be making their way over here =(

TableforSeven
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 4:10 PM
Quoting Stormy6669:

I hate cleaning the leaves up. I never just blow them around though. I suck them up and dispose of them. I hate hate, HATE when my neighbors blow there leaves over the street. That just puts them in my yard! Nothing makes me more aggravated!

Actually piling them in the street is how we are supposed to dispose of them. The township comes around and cleans them up. We are not allowed to bag them....and we aren't allowed to put them in the trash....and we aren't allowed to burn them. So this is how everyone deals with them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)