Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girl Scout Cookie Lip Balm: Great or Gross?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:08 PM
  • 6 Replies

Like the taste of Girl Scout cookies? Even if you never wore one of those little green uniforms, you might appreciate the new Girl Scout Cookie lip balm collection from Lip Smackers.

green uniforms newnbspgirl scout cookie lip balm collection lip smackers

The collection features five flavors: Thin Mints (our personal favorite), Trefoils, Chocolate Peanut Butter (Tagalongs), Peanut Butter (Do-si-dos) and Coconut Caramel Stripes (Samoas). And Yahoo! Shine is a fan: "These lip balms taste and smell just as scrumptious as the cookies, and you won't put on any extra pounds by wearing them -- though you may develop a habit of licking your lips. Thankfully they're hydrating too."

The lip balms are sold individually, OR you can get all five for just $5 at Wal-Mart and Claire's. In 2012, they'll be available as lip glosses, too, Yahoo! reports.

The Girl Scouts will celebrate their 100-year anniversary in 2012 after a challenging 2011. Thanks to the recession, some councils have "retired" certain cookies (Dulce de Leche, Thank U Berry Munch, All Abouts, Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip), and the Scouts have also reduced the the quantity of cookies per box and made some cookies smaller, according to reports.

Will you try these lip balms in their honor? Or would you rather stick to eating the cookies (yum)?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
poohlover515
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:11 PM

This could go both ways! It could be amazingly good, or HORRIBLY bad! I'm hoping it's good tho! LOL!!!

Strega
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:17 PM
I don't think they're gross, but I wouldn't use them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owensmom34
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:33 PM

I think my daughter would love these!

lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:36 AM

I'll pass on them and the cookies.

sweetsurprise13
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:40 AM

If they were good then I would love it.

Stormy6669
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 3:01 AM

Gross!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)