Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice please. DD got choked at school.....

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

So, my DD who is in the 3rd grade came home and said, "mommy, there's a note in my bag for you from my teacher, don't worry, I'm not in trouble". I read the note and it said my daughter got hurt ont he playground and the other child had consequences. I asked what happened and my DD said the girl told her to pinky swear she wouldn't tell something she had told her, my daughter said she didn't want to pinky swear so the other girl choked her and pushed her to the ground! I asked my DD what she did and she said she got up and went and told. I asked her why she didn't get up and defend herself and she told me she doesn't want to fight, (bless her lil heart) I AM STILL PISSED! I want to go to the school and talk to the teacher, principle and the kids parents! Am I trippin too hard? What would you do?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:21 PM
She was choked?? I'd be pissed and want to know who & their punishment!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Strega
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Take it to the Principal tomorrow. Don't wait---take care of it now. Our Daughter was slapped in the Lunch Room last year by a girl who bullied a lot of Kids. My Husband walked right in the next morning with our Daughter and spoke to the Principal.

You're not overreacting. Bullying is a serious problem that needs to be dealt with.

Good luck to you.

wedding website

PhotobucketFollow Me on Pinterest

Katenemsmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:24 PM
I'd teach my daughter how to throw a punch and tell her next time to defend herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virgochild79
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:29 PM

That's the thing though! My DD knows how to throw a punch and a kick! She's taken karate but she says she doens't like to fight and I keep telling her that she's going to have to use what she knows to scare these little bullies away. I don't know if she's afraid to fight or what it is but I've seen her spar so I know she knows how to do those things.

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I'd teach my daughter how to throw a punch and tell her next time to defend herself.

virgochild79
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Oh yes, I forgot to tell you what the "punishment" was for the girl. They made her walk the rest of recess and I don't think that's a damn punishment!!

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

MumsTheWord571
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:32 PM
Yeah that's not a sufficient punishment for choking someone.

Quoting virgochild79:

Oh yes, I forgot to tell you what the "punishment" was for the girl. They made her walk the rest of recess and I don't think that's a damn punishment!!

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TMommyx2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Walking was her punishment? Thats BS. I would be talking to someone.

virgochild79
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Yes, walking, can you believe that crap!

Quoting TMommyx2:

Walking was her punishment? Thats BS. I would be talking to someone.

BellaH10
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Wow... Not overracting at all. I'd definitely be at that school come morning! Have you had any other problems with the school?

lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Wow...I'd be upset too!  I would definitely be speaking to the principal tomorrow!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)