Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post-birth control acne

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:36 AM
  • 1 Replies

Hi mommies!

I have been off birth control for about 2 months now & I'm getting acne like I'm 16 again!  On my face, chest, shoulders, AND back!  EW!  Has anyone else had this happen?  If so, what have you done to get your flawless skin back - without going back on the pill - or what recommendations/advice do you have?  I'm completely drug free so I'm not open to going on any acne-rememdy pills or anything.  I have a few things I'm trying but I want to hear from you guys!

Thanks!

Kristin

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Amanda471
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Hi I feel your pain although I've never been on the Pill, I'm 38 and recently have been having these outbreaks, too.  Don't know if it's age or what but I read that surges in progesterone can cause it.  I use a topical cream called ethromycin/benzoil peroxide.  It's like Clearisil but stronger.  I don't take pills or anything.  The cream gets applied to your face at night before you go to bed and it really clears pimples up and prevents new ones...only warning is that it can bleach whatever it comes in contact with, just like Clearisil/Oxy products.  Good luck!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)