Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our next door neighbor...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:20 PM
  • 4 Replies

...just passed away 3 days ago and we found out yesterday.  We suspected something was wrong due to the ambulance being at their house early Wed morning, like 1:30 am, then a bunch of cars parked next door and no sign of our neighbor who is almost always outside, no matter what the weather....He was older, about 74, and had a pacemaker and had bad chest pains Tuesday night.  Sorry to be a downer, Ladies, but I just wanted to share this and don't know who to talk to.  Our neighbor, Barry, loved my kids (I have a 6 year old girl, 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy).  Barry's eyes lit up when he would see my son playing in the yard, like he was remembering his son and grandsons when they were small.  My hubby is taking it hard b/c he always saw him in the yard everyday and talked to him.  My hubby has lived in this neighborhood on this very same street for almost his whole life and Barry has been here and has know my husband since he was small....it's just so sad...I feel for Barry's wife.  I'm going to ask my husband to call her when he gets up and maybe I can bring her over some soup or something and a hug.  I really don't know what to say and haven't told the kids yet...I'll have to sit them down and explain this as carefully as I can.  You know what's funny  is just when I was feeling sorry for myself for a second b/c things are rough financially with my husband's job and lack of hours, this happens and, boy, did my problems seem to dissipate quickly and seem trivial....

Thanks for reading, Ladies, I appreciate it!

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
singlemomof2nok
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:33 PM

(((Hugs)))

SocioMom
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:37 PM
It's so hard, especially around this time of year. (((Hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SocioMom
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:48 PM
It's so hard, especially around this time of year. (((Hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)