Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What color was/were

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM
  • 34 Replies
your prom dress(es)? Did you go to both your junior and senior proms? And what did your dress or dresses look like? Feel free to post pics if you have them. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WandBmamma
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:34 AM
I didnt go :-( my date got expelled and refused to let me haveth tix.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carakitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I went to as many dances as I could! There were the proms for my school, my boyfriend's schools, homecomings, and one of my schools hosted a Father-Daughter dance too. I loved getting all fancied up, and still do! Let's see how many of these dresses I can remember...

little black velvet dress with V neck and back which I wore with a little jacket from Japan
dark green tafetta strapless and long with gold filigree details on the torso and bottom hem
knee length burgundy velvet, semi sleeveless
long black satin with princess seams and pearl accent at neck

Those are the only ones I remember right now. I need to ask my mom to send more old pictures to me for scanning in!

momma0ffive
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Never got to go, my sad pathetic existence
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:32 AM
I went to a senior prom when I was a sophomore and my dress was emerald green, gorgeous!! I wore that to my senior winter formal too... Then my senior prom dress was a jewel purple color and embroidered at the waist... So amazing! I bought it at a little shop in ID falls and I live in Los Angeles and the shop in ID falls was just so awesome! No digital pics! Lol senior year was 98 and I had no concept of digi cams then!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Didn't go to either.

TableforSeven
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:16 AM
My high school had a junior 'semi formal' in December -- my dress was black-velvet on the top and forrest-green 'satin' on the bottom.

My dress for the senior prom was lilac...ruffles over one shoulder that 'twisted' around/down the front into a few rows around the bottom...it was floor-length. I LOVED that dress.
Chymerra
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't go to my junior semi formal or prom.

My senior year, I did go to my semi formal and junior semi formal....my dress was blue.  I also went to the junior prom and my prom.....my dress was white.

HelloGeek
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM

That is so messed up.  The school should have given you another ticket so you could go. It wasn't your fault the guy was a jerk.

Quoting WandBmamma:

I didnt go :-( my date got expelled and refused to let me haveth tix.

HelloGeek
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Never went.

MamaBloom777
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I never went to either prom :( Sad, right?  Funny thing is, neither did DH (we didn't meet until well after high school).  So, we said our wedding was our "prom".  LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)