• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The dreaded B ... ***UPDATE***

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:37 AM
  • 20 Replies

I realize we're all still young & spry ;).

Have any of you ladies had a biopsy, or know anyone close who has. I've read the scientific description of the process, but would like to get the human experience too. I want to be prepared with questions & an idea of what I'm in for - it's happening at a German hospital & well... I'm not German. Not sure on how clear the communication will be.

Thanks!

***We are CANCER FREE!  The biopsy came back negative!  There is a slew of stuff going on in my arm pit (the area of concern), but cancer is not one of them!  My lymph node is still swollen, they found a harmless fibroid, and the main reason for all the discomfort - extra breast tissue that wandered to my pit!  So, if the pain continues for the next 6 months, they'll want to remove the extra tissue & fibroid!  Yay! 

And the German care absolutely ROCKED!! ***

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Flaca43
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:36 AM
My mother has, but I don't know sgml the details. I can try and find out. In the meantime I'm sure some of these Lairs can give you some info or advice! Good luck. Take care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HelloGeek
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

No experience with a biopsy, but both of my kids were born in a German hospital and it was a great experience. They have wonderful healthcare. The language shouldn't be a problem because almost all Germans speak English.  Especially people under 40. And you can take an English/German dictionary just in case there seems to be a misunderstanding or anything to help.

Twinglemomi
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Biopsy of what part? I have had two endometrial biopsies. Both done in the Dr's office. Pretty quick but I'm not going to lie they hurt. They aren't done with any type of anesthesia. They go through your cervix and take tissue samples from a couple of spots.

mom2cindylouwho
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM
This will be an underarm lymph node biopsy.

Quoting Twinglemomi:

Biopsy of what part? I have had two endometrial biopsies. Both done in the Dr's office. Pretty quick but I'm not going to lie they hurt. They aren't done with any type of anesthesia. They go through your cervix and take tissue samples from a couple of spots.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2cindylouwho
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Lol. That's what I was thinking about doing. Any other differences You can think of that would be helpful?

I was born here too (military), but my Mom remembers little ... and soooo much has changed.

Quoting HelloGeek:

No experience with a biopsy, but both of my kids were born in a German hospital and it was a great experience. They have wonderful healthcare. The language shouldn't be a problem because almost all Germans speak English.  Especially people under 40. And you can take an English/German dictionary just in case there seems to be a misunderstanding or anything to help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HelloGeek
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:59 AM

If you're going to be in the hospital overnight or for a few days, you might want someone to bring you dinner.  I remember lunch being the biggest meal of the day, which wasn't huge, and dinner was a slice of toast with jam and fruit.  Didn't work for me. I had hubby running to burger king for me. lol

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM
I haven't had an experience with this personally but my mom had more than one breast biopsy but thankfully each time the biopsies were not cancerous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I don't have any experience with this, but good luck and keep us posted!

hugs

Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Depends on the kind of biopsy and you.  Some people say they are nothing.  I have had some that were and other's that weren't. 

Lymph node biopsies should not be bad, a little pinch and sore for a while. Usually that is just a needle aspiration. 

mom2cindylouwho
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Do you remember how long you had to wait for results?

Quoting Twinglemomi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)