Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Must be nice

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

So this morning my husband sleeps in - which for us is 8:30 - eats breakfast, and then says he didn't sleep well last night and goes into our room to take a nap.  He slept until almost 2 and then said he had to go run a couple of errands. 

He NEVER does stuff like this, so of course I didn't say anything.  But what I really wanted to say was "Must be nice!".  I can only imagine saying "here honey, take the kids so I can go sleep all day oh and then I'm going out by myself for a couple of hours".  Yeah, right!  Even if he was cool with me doing that, I'd feel guilty.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:58 PM

OH I can sooo relate!!

Toomsie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you should. Not to be malicious but purely because you need it. He gets his turn, you get yours.

my123sons
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I'm lucky. If I feel like a nap and my dh is up and at the house, I just tell him I am going to lie down and he is fine with it. I can also go out and just tell him my plans and he's fine with keeping the kids on his own. I don't do it often, but I'm glad my dh doesn't make a deal about when I do. And of course the same goes for if he wants to do those things also.

TableforSeven
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:36 PM
So take some time for yourself. Tell your husband that you need to sleep in and he has to get up with the kids in the morning....or tell him you're going up for a nap after lunch....or go run some errands alone. You need to take care of yourself just as much as your husband does...and you can't feel guilty about having some 'me time'....you are no good to your family if you are burnt out.
CoffeeMamaOf5
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't get trapped in the Guilty Mom syndrome. You need to get out!! It make us even BETTER moms!!!

I am with my children 24/7 -- we educate at home, so no school break. They are 15, 12, 11, 6 & 4. I am grateful for my monthly book club, my monthly homeschool meeting, my weekly bible study and for the coffee outtings with freinds. It is a saving grace for me! It truly does help me mother better and appreciate my children.

CDMelty
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I know what you mean.  There are lots of things that even if DH was fine with, I'd feel guilty for. Also, I have too much stuff to do to go nap.

reche1978
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM

wow, that was nice of you.  Sleeping in is one thing but leaving to run errands he would have to take at least one of the girls

coffeefairie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:21 PM
We take turns doing that. Everybody needs a day or at least some time to unwind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trulyblessed618
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Why is it that men think they should be so privileged ......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)