Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paperwork is 'done'!!! *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:25 PM
  • 19 Replies
2 moms liked this
We got an email this morning saying that we have gotten all of the paperwork in to the agency we are using to help with our move to Israel. We have been in the 'paperwork-stage' for almost a year now...every time we'd get a bunch in to them we'd get another list of stuff to send in. But - today we got the message that everything they need has been sent.
The next step is to contact the Israeli-governmental agency that over-sees citizenship directly. We're pretty sure there should be nothing _new_ needed (the agency we've been going through is said to require _more_ paperwork then the government does). We should be setting up our official interview in the next few weeks with a government-official....at that point we'll find out if we are approved to move or not.

*UPDATE*
We scheduled our meeting with the woman from the government. Since she is in Washington DC - we are going to do the interview over the phone. Then sit down with a different agent...who is in our area to go through and hand over some of the original documents (they have scanned copies of everything but need the originals of some of it to send off to the consulate).
The woman in DC is the only one we can do the actual interview with (she covers the part of the country we live in for this type of thing), she will give us a thumbs up or down and decide if we qualify to send the paperwork on.
The other agent that we'll be meeting with face-to-face is only allowed to do certain things (like paperwork....she cannot interview). Though it is great because we KNOW her already....she lives in our community.
After the phone and face-to-face interviews - some of the original paperwork goes off to te consulate for official approval. At that point we either do or do not get approved and have our visas. Technically - once we have those we could move...but we have a few things to take care of here (in the USA) first.

Anyway....now I'm excited - nervous - thrilled - scared....everything all at once.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Good luck!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Good luck

lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM

good luck

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:55 AM
1 mom liked this

That's AWESOME!!! I can't wait until you're able to move, cause I want to hear all about moving to a new country and all of the super cool experiences you and your family are going to have. :o)

sweetsurprise13
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM

that is awesome and good luck!

mes_deux_amours
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Good luck! I moved to Canada for a year and they would not grant us residency because they only allowed dh's career to be needed for a few months :/ lame.

I do wonder though, it doesn't worry you that isreal is always under attack and completely surrounded by countries that would love to obliterate them? I have a friend from there and although that's where her heart lies, she still lives in the states. And oh the stories she's told me.

Do you speak Hebrew?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Wow - what an adventure!  What prompted you to want to move?

TableforSeven
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Good luck! I moved to Canada for a year and they would not grant us residency because they only allowed dh's career to be needed for a few months :/ lame.

I do wonder though, it doesn't worry you that isreal is always under attack and completely surrounded by countries that would love to obliterate them? I have a friend from there and although that's where her heart lies, she still lives in the states. And oh the stories she's told me.

Do you speak Hebrew?

I feel much safeer in Israel then I do here in the USA.
Yes - there is the potential for the countries around Israel to attack...but, honestly, I don't feel all that confortable here in the USA.
We have several friends who live in Israel.....and a few more who spend about 1/2 the year living there and the other 1/2 here. We plan to go and stay....with occasionally visits to the states - we don't plan to 'live' in both countries.

My conversational Hebrew is a work in progress. :-)
One thing we'll be doing is taking Ulpahn classes once there - which are Hebrew immersion classes for adults.
TableforSeven
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Kris_PBG:

Wow - what an adventure!  What prompted you to want to move?

Simply put....we fit in there.
We are Jewish....Israel is our home-land and where we belong. :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)