• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scandalous friends or family members? How do you deal?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:39 AM
  • 2 Replies

Do you have any family members or friends that are scandalous or full of drama? Is it hard for you to keep a relationship with them?

One of my friends is turning into a complete mess. I think she's going through some mid life crisis or something. She is single but has been spending a lot of time with a married man. She swears there is nothing going on between them but I don't believe her. I've been married for a long time and I find it hard to be friends with someone who is a potential home wrecker.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:06 AM

We pretty much cut them out of our lives.  

You get to choose who you have in your life.  If you're willing to put up with your friend's behavior, keep her around.  If not, distance yourself.  You have to go into self preservation mode rather than worry about what this or that person is going to think of you.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Moms2NTwins
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:12 AM

sadly I have cut a lot of people out of my life. Most recently family. It's a big long story but I could no longer deal with them or their drama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)