Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That was easy......mostly

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
We got a new range/stove as an anniversary gift from my father. I wanted a black one....I've been replacing all of our appliances with black as they break-down (microwave, dishwasher, and range...so far).....everything in the kitchen was that off-white color but the cabinets are dark brown and it looks strange. When we ordered the range - we did _not_ order a new hood/vent because I had seen some on-line for $40 and the cheapest the store we got the range at has were $120. On Thursday - DH and I went out and bought one of the $40 hoods at Home Depot and DD#1 and I were going to install it today.
The worst part of the whole process was how old and grimey the old-hood was....EEEWWWW!
The hardest part was figuring out which circuit-breaker turned off the electic to the light -- it was #30....took a loooong time getting there (our circuit breaker box isn't very clearly marked).

Anyway - it was basically a simple process getting the old one disconnected and out....then getting the new one up and wired.
And now the hood matches the range again....and the black looks soooooooo much better.
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jazzyjae
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome. I'd like to get all new kitchen appliances too. In stainless steel though. I bet it looks good!:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
staceyLM
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Cant wait to get new appliances. Wont be hapening any time soon. Things we go without me being a stay at home mom, I dont regret though:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dannille33
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:26 PM
That's great! I've always wanted stainless steal. I bet they look great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Quoting staceyLM:

Cant wait to get new appliances. Wont be hapening any time soon. Things we go without me being a stay at home mom, I dont regret though:-)

The microwave and range-hood are the only things we've bought.
The dishwasher was an anniversary gift from my parents a few months after we moved in here.
The range was an anniversary gift from my father (he also bought us a new washing machine for my birthday last summer because ours died).
I'm just greatful/thankful that everything dies around a 'special occasion' and Dad is financially able to help us out in this way.
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Quoting Dannille33:

That's great! I've always wanted stainless steal. I bet they look great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)