Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are the roles of women in the home?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 1:29 PM
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have always had a bit of confusion about the roles of women in the home. I recently wrote a blog post about this controversial topic. I would like to hear what other moms think after reading.

You can find my blog on my profile page.

~Anastasia

Anastasia Ortega

www.facebook.com/anaathome

by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetT757
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 1:38 PM
5 moms liked this
I like to think my role is to take care of my kids, keep the house looking nice, and cooking. I don't always cook fabulous things, but I usually make something.. Sometimes hubby cooks when he comes home because he likes to cook.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nature4us
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

That is what I always had in my mind and while those are true, I always wanted more details.

Specificly what is Gods idea of what my roles are.

I had others tell me things like; "oh your a mom - are you going to work?"

Seriously - I do work!!

So the post I wrote is a more defined intentional view of what the roles are.

I'd like to hear what you think if you want to read it. There is a link on my profile page directly to it. :)

Anastasia Ortega

http://anaathome.com

http://yourfamilybenefits.info

www.facebook.com/aphealthdiscounts

EmmaGlenn20
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Like the other Mom said, my role is to keep my daughter happy and healthy, as well as my husband. I do about 3/4 of the cleaning and 100% of the cooking. My husband has a 9-5 job that he loves and so I always have dinner ready when he gets home. He takes care of the baby usually, until she goes to bed at 6. And on the weekends we share the cleaning and baby care.

shajdinyak
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 2:41 PM
9 moms liked this
Think every home is different. In our house there is no woman or man role. We work as a team to get everything done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe in general, moms should be raising the family and keeping the house but you can only do that if you choose a man that is capable of financially supporting the family, barring any kind of unfortunate things (like the economy, layoffs, etc...)  My husband is a disabled veteran and he just got approved for disability and he truly cannot work, he's had a string of jobs over the last 3 years since getting out of the army that he had the worst time keeping (obviously).  He finally swallowed his pride and applied.  The VA doctors told him the worse thing he could have done was become a police officer, WHICH HE DID.  I am going to be working part time until I graduate, then going full time.  He will be a SAHD.

nature4us
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Manhey03,

Thank you to your husband for serving.

This statement below is so true.

"if you choose a man that is capable of financially supporting the family, barring any kind of unfortunate things (like the economy, layoffs, etc...)"

I realize we all do what we can and have to in order to survive.

nature4us
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting shajdinyak:

Think every home is different. In our house there is no woman or man role. We work as a team to get everything done.

Working as a team is very important and helps stick together as a couple.

nature4us
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

Like the other Mom said, my role is to keep my daughter happy and healthy, as well as my husband. I do about 3/4 of the cleaning and 100% of the cooking. My husband has a 9-5 job that he loves and so I always have dinner ready when he gets home. He takes care of the baby usually, until she goes to bed at 6. And on the weekends we share the cleaning and baby care.

Yes I agree. In my post a mention that women are to nurture, protect and provide for our family.

Butterfly1108
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Taking care of the family (kids, hubby) keeping up with the house and in order, keeping it clean and happy, having dinner ready and on time. And making sure my man's needs are met ;)
nature4us
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Quoting Butterfly1108:

Taking care of the family (kids, hubby) keeping up with the house and in order, keeping it clean and happy, having dinner ready and on time. And making sure my man's needs are met ;)

Yes sounds like you are doing a good job. To nurture, protect and provide are what I wrote in my blog post and the one of the roles is to be the champion for your husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)