Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

this seems like overkill to me

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:28 AM
  • 16 Replies
My son is 4. He wanted to do tee ball so we signed him up. I was not expecting two practices and two games per week!! He cant go to Tuesday practices because of kung fu but that still seems like a lot for 4 year olds!!
do you think that's too much?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virgochild79
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:40 AM

My son has played tee ball for the past 2 years and it's always been tue/thur practice with a game on Sat. Two games a week is too much and by the end of the season we are down to one practice a week because the boys are tired and end up spacing out on the field. My son loves playing tee ball but is now starting baseball this season! Good luck

Knightquester
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I think it depends on the child, my kids have done piano/violin (depending on the child) along with martial arts as early as age 4 on.  They did fine, but if they showed signs of it being too much I would definitely reduce one of their extra curricular activities until they were a bit older.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:43 AM
My son does kung fu and awana. But soccer was only 1 practice and 1 game. I wasn't expecting tee ball to be so much more!

Quoting Knightquester:

I think it depends on the child, my kids have done piano/violin (depending on the child) along with martial arts as early as age 4 on.  They did fine, but if they showed signs of it being too much I would definitely reduce one of their extra curricular activities until they were a bit older.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vermontmoms
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:08 AM
T-ball at that age was 1 practice during the week and 1 game on Sat. My son is 8 and playing Little League and he has 2 practices M/W and games on Sat. He will have a few tourneys but only like 2 in 3mths so not bad.

To me thats too much for a 4yr old!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheri305
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Too much IMO.....

steelcrazy
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Around here t-ball is 2 practices per week, the days vary as there are multiple teams in our town.  Once the season starts they only practice once a week, sometimes not at all and they have 2 games a week.  Once they are playing regular little league baseball, it is 2 practices per week then down to once a week when the season starts.  They play 2-3 games per week.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:05 AM

seems like a lot - all the acitivities my daughter has been in have only been once a week deal and it's enough ! My sister has two kids who play sports that require practice here, game there, her whole schedule revolves around running her kids to different rinks and arenas - too much is too much !

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Uggh I just realized they only gave them 9 days to sell cookie dough!!

darrensmom11
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM
When my Son played t ball. . . They Had two games a week and practiced 3days. It wasn't a problem. Sum coaches are different. Sum practice more. . Sum less
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 3:52 PM

That does seem excessive, I was wondering about how much time that would take as my son has been wanting to do soccer, but he already has riding lessons, and swimming I don't think I can do all three.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)