Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God and politics: spinoff from another post.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM
  • 17 Replies

Another post had asked about where we stand politically.  I was just wondering where everyone stood on separation of church and state.  I'm hearing a lot on the issue and thought I'd ask.

love makes the world go round
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lindilouwho82
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM
6 moms liked this

Completely seperate no if's, and's or but's. I don't want anyone's religious beliefs, morals or ethics getting in the way of my politics.

CDMelty
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I believe that people of all faiths should keep treat their own religion the way they'd treat other religions. If you'd be uncomfortable with a Muslim or Buddhist government then you shouldn't try for a Christian government. So I want all of it out; a completely 100% secular government would be nice.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:11 PM
I feel the same.

Quoting lindilouwho82:

Completely seperate no if's, and's or but's. I don't want anyone's religious beliefs, morals or ethics getting in the way of my politics.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyG1976
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM

same o here :)

Quoting offrdngal:

I feel the same.

Quoting lindilouwho82:

yourpassion
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Quoting AmyG1976:

same o here :)

Quoting offrdngal:

I feel the same.

Quoting lindilouwho82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess829
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Me too.  I don't think religion has any place in politics.

IHeartDraven
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Yep

Quoting lindilouwho82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Quoting lindilouwho82:

This

Knightquester
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM

It's either all or none at all IMO.

So somebody who says for instance that they are against the government coming between anything having to do with marriage has to also be against any support the government offers marriages like shared health and other benefits, the tax breaks married couples get.  Once the government has a hand in anything then the issue is no longer a religious issue, that's just fact.

Yes I do believe that there should be a separation between religion and governmental decisions.  Just which religion would we all run by I have friends that are muslim, buddhist, wiccan, catholic, christian, atheist, agnostic and of many other varying faiths, to me I respect them all and strongly believe their religion should not effect my life just as mine shouldn't theirs.

TableforSeven
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Separate wwwould be nice....but it doesn't happen and I don't see it starting...that would mean Christmas, etc could no longer be FEDERAL holidays.  Also - it is impossible to separate a person from their beliefs...therefore any politician is going to take their views, etc into their job - there is no way around that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)