Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birthday question..am i being unfair?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM
  • 12 Replies
OK, my youngest DD turns two on april fifth. Most of our friends have kids that are either older or younger and the day we would have her party is the day before Easter. So I figured I would just take cupcakes and goodie bage to daycare on her birthday, and we would do presents at home. Then take her to chuck e cheese on Saturday. So it really isn't a real party right? I don't want to cheat her out of anything especially because her older sister turns four in august and we are planning on doing a bowling party for her but alot of our friends kids are her age. I didn't want to have kids of a wide age group at youngest dd,'s party because it seems weird to me, but most of her friends are at daycare anyway...any suggestions or does what we have planned seem OK? I am all about being fair and always worried one of my babies will feel slighted...
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cara5
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM
3 moms liked this

She two. I diddn't start doing friend parties till they were old enough to ask for them!  

She will be fine and have a blast! 

chinosruca
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM
We will do Chuck-E-Cheese or zoo for 2nd birthday. No "party".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hddcooper
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Seems perfect to me ;-)
mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Seems like a good plan to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hache2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM
That seems find to me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Knightquester
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

You sound like you're doing just fine you could always tell her you'll do a party when she's older.  Have you thought of having a joint party they can plan for in a month that is between their birthdays, if bowling is the thing they want to do add a few extra lanes for your youngest and a few select friends of hers?

To be honest you're doing way more then I do for any of my kids, and you sound like you're doing a fine job leveling it out.  We don't do birthday parties at all. For us it's a day that we celebrate with the birthday child as a family, we offer their favorite meal for dinner and they do get one special birthday balloon, a cake and a present but that's about it.

heatherNisi409
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:02 PM
My dd is turning three in April. We didn't do a party for her second just cake and presents with family.I plan on a small party for her third but mainly family. There will be plenty of parties for her in the years to come.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karen_29
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:55 AM

seems fine to me and sounds like she will have fun.. I would wait until she got in elementry before I had friend parties that is what I did with my kids.

jakesmom323
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 5:18 AM
I think your doing just fine by her. My son's birthday is the week of Thanksgiving and last year he had 3 parties w/ each side of family and at home. It was ridiculous! This year, one party, if you can't come, tough titties! Haha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples04
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 5:22 AM
I'd invite at least one or 2 daycare friends over for a hour or 2 or something, but that's just me. It's early enough that you can have invites sent home w/the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)