Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Has anyone ever had a negative preg test but been pregnant?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:37 PM
  • 15 Replies

I have heard of this and suddenly tonite Im curious to hear from others, because for the first time since my son was born I am six days late. But my husband had a vasectomy when my son was eight months old. The only reason I took the test tonite is because I have all the symptoms of pregnancy that I had with my son, except for the test. With him my home test said positive. So I wonder if anyone has any post vasectomy stories, or knows any, or has ever had a pregnancy test be inaccurate. Thanks so much ladies. I am going to call my obgyn tomorrow to see whats happening. I am 37 and my mom didnt go through menopause til she was 56.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelcieg
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I had negative at home test and negative blood tests, but I new I had to be pregnant so my doctor gave me an ultrasound and sure enough I was 6 weeks pregnant. In fact I think I am again I just have to wait another 2 weeks to find out. . .The only thing the tests check is your hormon level.

FortWorthMomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I was two almost three months along before I got a positive. But that was a while ago.

dandersen
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM

a friend of mine made me take one with her when i was very pregnant, she was just finding out. they both came out negative though. she bought 2 more of the same ones and they were both negative too. i dont know why neither of us thought to check the exp dates, but came to find out that this tiny town we lived in didnt go through those kind of things quickly, they were all something like 4 years past exp. 

momma1013
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM
I had three false negatives this time. Didn't get a plus until I was 6 1/2 wks or so. My husband had a vasectomy reversal, and when he had the surgery his dr said one of his bad rubes had nearly grown back together. Depends on the type if vasectomy. If it was cauterized, the tube can grow around the blockage. DH was 9 years post-vasectomy. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chymerra
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:25 PM

My first pregnancy (ended in a miscarriage when I was 18).  I tested negative until I was 10 weeks along and I had to get a blood test to find out for sure.

notdown4games
by Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I have a friend who got pregnant after her husbands vasectomy. dna test said the baby was his. So I know it's possible. And I had pregnancy tests come up negative the 1st 4 months when I was pregnant with my son. But the dr did a blood test that was positive and the sono showed him measuring 16 weeks. So the neg test can happen too

mommysplace
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I had a negative pregnancy test at home and at the doctors. It went on for the first 4 months. Finally an ultrasound proved I was right.

Pukalani79
by Kris on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Not post-vasectomy, but I was on the pill and late.  Took a test which came back negative.  Figured it was just one of those things.  A couple of weeks later started feeling very sore and blah so I took another one.  8 months later we had a little girl. :)

Ladyteancum
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Yes. with both of my kiddos

darciemelvin
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 7:32 PM

my friend took pregnancy tests for FOUR months straight, all of them said negative. she then went and got a blood test at the ER and found out she was 5 months pregnant . now we have a little haley marie adele running around three years later :) i say, if youre feeling it, go to the doctor. my friend KNEW she was pregnant she knew what it was like to feel pregnant. finally convinced herself to go to the docs and voila !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN