Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

If you are AGAINST home schooling

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM
  • 106 Replies

If you are against home schooling, why?

by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Bobbie on Mar. 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM
I'm sticking around. I'm curious too. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunadale
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I think homeschooling can be wonderful... but then most of my frriends who homeschool have master degrees in education. It's not for everyone.

bmw29
by Bobbie on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM
2 moms liked this
People don't spew their completely judgemental opinions as much without the anonymous feature.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairywings1223
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I know a lot of kids that are homeschooled. I think its great.

wonderwomanT08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM
3 moms liked this
For my children I want them to have the experience of school. Ive worked in schools as a Special Ed Teacher. That confirmed my decision.
I think every situation is different. Life is not black and white. What is good for one family may not be for another. AND THATS OK!

I have however witnessed how home schooling effected my cousins. And its sad. If you are going to home school you have to do it right!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monise78
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM
22 moms liked this
I'm not against you homeschooling your children. I'm against homeschooling my children. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dandersen
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

i read a story once about a family who was homeschooling their kids, both parents were "teachers" but neither of the parents had finished 9th grade. this was a homeschool fail in a big way. (but in normal circumstances, it can be a great choice, if its right for parent and kid both)

godsgirl26
by ♥Charmaine♥ on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM

This lol.

Quoting Monise78:

I'm not against you homeschooling your children. I'm against homeschooling my children. Lol

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 8, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Quoting Monise78:

Good answer,lol.

I agree.

lexipooh78
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not against homeschooling but I do not think it would be right for our son. He is and will always be an only child. We have no friends or families near by with kids any where near his age, and we do not attend church. I think it is important for him to go to school to learn how to interact with other kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)