Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I have three children, two of which have special needs. Just want to make new friends and talk about our children.

Posted by   + Show Post

hello,

Like I said in the title, I have three children. Jordan is 11 and he has Down Syndrome and bi polar disorder. Dannie is 4 and she is starting kindergarten this coming school year, we are really excited about that. Julie is two and a half and has the metabolic condition known as PKU.

I just want another mother to talk to. It kind of gets stressful having only the little ones to have conversation with most of the time. It will just be a welcome reprieve to be able to talk to another mom.

sincerely, Jenn

by on Mar. 11, 2012 at 7:03 AM
Replies (11-18):
LoganAndKennedy
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Hi, Jenn! My name is Tiffanyz. I have two kids, Logan was diagnosed with adhd a year ago, weve had struggles but mostly he is doing great now and my daughter Kennedy is 5.
I am an assistant to the teacher in a class with students who have autism and its an adaptive behavior unit. August will be 6 yrs.
Glad to meet you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PKUmom2009
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Glad to meet you too.

PKUmom2009
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Thank you.

PKUmom2009
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Thank you so much. Everyone has been so nice in here. It is very comforting to be able to talk to other parents that know what I am going through. I live in a little country town with very limited resources so it really makes me feel very alone because there are not alot of people that know what it is like to raise a special needs child. OMG and do not even let me get started about the school grrrrrr.

Pukalani79
by Kris on Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Hi Jenn!

I have 3 kids. My 8 year old struggles with an anxiety disorder.  My 7 year old has recently overcome a language processing disorder but now struggles with chronic pain and a functional GI disease.  There are a couple of special needs groups here; I would definately check them out.  It's been a big help for me.

JACAR2010
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Welcome! I have a preemie and an autistic nephew.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoganMW
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Hi. I have a almost 3 yr old who has had 2 sets of ear tubes. He has SPD, speech delay and behavior issues. We have had therapy since he turned 2 and he will be going to special needs school when he turns 3 this fall.

PKUmom2009
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Thank you everyone for so much support. Does anyone have a child or know of anyone that has the metabolic condition PKU ? I would really like to ahve someone to talk to that is familiar with this because I am having alot of issues with my two year old that has this condition. It would be so helpful to have someone to talk to to get ideas and suggestions from.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)